• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The game next week

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Gators 63, USF 7.  Will be uglier than last week, but I will say USF finally gets a garbage time TD.  Something like 45 or 52-0 at halftime before they call of the dogs.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

And then what.  Hope to be competitive in the AAC and beat out Charlotte, Georgia State, and UAB for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?  Because that is realistically what USF shooting for now.

Depending on CFP deal we might still be able to get in playoffs. But first let’s win a conference title even if is in a water down league. Too many of us look down at all these schools when we can’t even win a title.. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

Depending on CFP deal we might still be able to get in playoffs. But first let’s win a conference title even if is in a water down league. Too many of us look down at all these schools when we can’t even win a title.. 

Well that I agree.  Maybe with a watered down schedule USF can be competitive for an AAC title.  Something they haven't been able to do in the history of AAC, outside of maybe one year under Taggart.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Well that I agree.  Maybe with a watered down schedule USF can be competitive for an AAC title.  Something they haven't been able to do in the history of AAC, outside of maybe one year under Taggart.

Weren’t we playing the last reg season game for the division Chuck’s first year?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

And then what.  Hope to be competitive in the AAC and beat out Charlotte, Georgia State, and UAB for the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl?  Because that is realistically what USF shooting for now.

That’s correct? So what else do you want? That’s where we are. You either like or don’t watch. Everyone will have a decision to make. I’ve decided to say but people have to decide this. 

30 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I am hearing that the playoffs may not be changing anytime soon as the power conferences don’t trust anyone anymore. Check the Dennis Dodd article found in this post:

college-football-playoff-trophy-010916.j

Not so fast on the expanded playoff model …

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am hearing that the playoffs may not be changing anytime soon as the power conferences don’t trust anyone anymore. Check the Dennis Dodd article found in this post:

college-football-playoff-trophy-010916.j

Not so fast on the expanded playoff model …

They will expand, too much money on the table plus they don’t want SEC taking 2 of 4 spots yearly. What they will change is not having ESPN have complete control. But even that what USF  needs to do is b3come a consistent conference champion even if we go to the Potato Bowl. 

Just now, Cubanbull said:

They will expand, too much money on the table plus they don’t want SEC taking 2 of 4 spots yearly. What they will change is not having ESPN have complete control. But even that what USF  needs to do is b3come a consistent conference champion even if we go to the Potato Bowl. 

Agree…but it may not happen early which was on the board to potentially happen. It is vital that the AAC get teams that will put us equal with the MWC (which I believe right now we are behind them with the three exits) in order to give an opportunity for that one G5 spot. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Always thought 8 was the right number to start with and then 16 when it made sense.  Teams getting byes in college football just didn't seem right or fair to me.  5 P5 champions plus top ranked G5 champion plus next 2 top ranked teams.  SEC is still just about guaranteed 2 slots.  The CFP committee will still be uber important in determining the G5 team and the last 2 in.  If you want in you have to win your conference championship.

GO BULLS!

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 9/3/2021 at 7:01 AM, jjlovecub said:

Will we lose Saturday? Well I would "assume so." But to want to get the game cancelled is ridiculous. If you don't want to cheer for and support your team then don't. Criticism is fine. Being frustrated - totally understandable. We can all see the product on the field and where we are. The mindset of this post is 1) either meant to just get people stirred up and 2) something that is not needed  in the USF fan base. Let's figure out how to make us better rather than hoping a virus cancels our game so we don't have to lose. 

I would assume that as well.. I do want to see some semblance of improvement though.  Especially on Offense.  That was suppose to be our "area of improvement".  Hopeful to see that.