• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated roster is out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Calling it now Mangham is going to be a beast in this offense. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Offense will score some points this year. But this defense will get boat raced in more than a few games. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Weight is relative. You can lose weight and get stronger and faster. I am less concerned about raw numbers and more concerned about raw talent. From the photos and videos I have seen, the team looks to be in good shape. Also, 4 pounds on a guy that is almost 300 pounds is really not that big of a deal. 

Exactly @ 300+ lbs, losing 5 lbs is simply going to the toilet

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Gotta love this pic of Brock Nichols. Looks like he's about to run through a wall.....and then another. 

Nichols, Brock (H.20.Crazed)

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

I'm going to hope that the D-Line players simply cut down on their body fat and improved their speed and power. The recent photos I've seen of the defensive players were great. Thad Magnum looks jacked as hell. Everybody looks more "athletic". I didn't see a lot of muscle tone last year. Either way, not a whole lot of bulk on this D-line. Only two legit 300Ib players, and a few come close. I'm happy that most of the DE's weigh 240 and up now. Last year our DEs were way too skinny. Stacy Kirby's weight loss is a bit surprising, but maybe he moved to DE from DT and is focusing on being a speed rusher. He had the most offers coming out of high school. More than anybody else our defensive line including the SEC transfer Stewart. I hope he lives up to his offer sheet. Weight gains I am the happiest of is Yates, Vaughn, Terrell, Camiel and most of all Stewart. This is what we have to work with. I hope they have enough speed and power to make up for the lack of size. 

De'Juan Sease (DT) 250 -> 290
Rashawn Yates (DE) 271 -> 280
Kevin Kegler (DT) 294 -> 303
Darrien Grant (DL) 254 -> 263
Tyrone Barber (DL) 265 -> 257
Blake Green (DT) 280 -> 276
Stacy Kirby (DT) 252 -> 230
Thad Mangum (DT) 285 -> 275
Kelvin Pinkney (DT) 315 -> 310
Jason Vaughn (DE) - 235 - 257
Jamari Stewart (DE) 205 -> 220
KEEON TERRELL (DE) - 220 -> 240
LE'VONTAE CAMIEL (DE) 225 -> 235

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm going to hope that the D-Line players simply cut down on their body fat and improved their speed and power. The recent photos I've seen of the defensive players were great. Thad Magnum looks jacked as hell. Everybody looks more "athletic". I didn't see a lot of muscle tone last year. Either way, not a whole lot of bulk on this D-line. Only two legit 300Ib players, and a few come close. I'm happy that most of the DE's weigh 240 and up now. Last year our DEs were way too skinny. Stacy Kirby's weight loss is a bit surprising, but maybe he moved to DE from DT and is focusing on being a speed rusher. He had the most offers coming out of high school. More than anybody else our defensive line including the SEC transfer Stewart. I hope he lives up to his offer sheet. Weight gains I am the happiest of is Yates, Vaughn, Terrell, Camiel and most of all Stewart. This is what we have to work with. I hope they have enough speed and power to make up for the lack of size. 

De'Juan Sease (DT) 250 -> 290
Rashawn Yates (DE) 271 -> 280
Kevin Kegler (DT) 294 -> 303
Darrien Grant (DL) 254 -> 263
Tyrone Barber (DL) 265 -> 257
Blake Green (DT) 280 -> 276
Stacy Kirby (DT) 252 -> 230
Thad Mangum (DT) 285 -> 275
Kelvin Pinkney (DT) 315 -> 310
Jason Vaughn (DE) - 235 - 257
Jamari Stewart (DE) 205 -> 220
KEEON TERRELL (DE) - 220 -> 240
LE'VONTAE CAMIEL (DE) 225 -> 235

Looks like Kirby was a highly rated edge rusher coming out of high school, would make sense they wanted him to cut some extra fat to move back to his natural position.

Also I think we only have 3 down lineman, in that case we're probably fine with something like Yates(280)/Pinkney(310)/Thad(275) then have Kegler (303)/Blake (276)/Sease(290) as rotational guys. I don't think that's undersized, at the G5 level at least.

Then some of those edge rusher sizes make more sense if they'll be lined up as pass rushing outside line backers. Tramel Logan at 232 is one guy thats not listed above.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,550
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Looks like Kirby was a highly rated edge rusher coming out of high school, would make sense they wanted him to cut some extra fat to move back to his natural position.

Also I think we only have 3 down lineman, in that case we're probably fine with something like Yates(280)/Pinkney(310)/Thad(275) then have Kegler (303)/Blake (276)/Sease(290) as rotational guys. I don't think that's undersized, at the G5 level at least.

Then some of those edge rusher sizes make more sense if they'll be lined up as pass rushing outside line backers. Tramel Logan at 232 is one guy thats not listed above.

I'll take your word for it. Even I'm having a hard time having faith in our D-line. As for TRAMEL LOGAN, he gained 2Ibs from 230 - 232 🤷‍♂️ lol He looked skinny to me in the last photo I saw of him in the spring game. I have no words for this man with only a 2 Ib weight gain except I hope he can continues to improve. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, bulloni said:

must be switching him to DE

Did you misspell LB?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

Gotta love this pic of Brock Nichols. Looks like he's about to run through a wall.....and then another. 

Nichols, Brock (H.20.Crazed)

Reminds me of one of the war boys from Mad Max!!!

Mad Max GIF