• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated roster is out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

had as many sacks last year as our entire defensive line combined. 4 sacks the year before. Even at linebacker he's probably our most proven passrusher

He is only 213, this is really light for a linebacker, reminds me of a Danny Thomas, I see us getting absolutely gashed again on the ground.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He is only 213, this is really light for a linebacker, reminds me of a Danny Thomas, I see us getting absolutely gashed again on the ground.  

Average G5 Linebacker;

FBS Group of 5 and/or High FCS Linebacker
Physical Measurables: Height: 6'1"   Weight: 210 lbs.   
Stats:  40yd: 4.65   Bench: 300 lbs.   Squat: 435 lbs.
Coach Keys:
May have not shown the production of an elite FBS Power 5 caliber recruit, but coaches at this level will still scholarship athletic high school linebackers as they believe they can coach them up into productive college players. Active player that’s constantly around the ball. Knocks blockers and ball-carriers backward on impact. Plays downhill in the run game. Strong on contact, can change the LOS.. Good knee bend. Can match up with most offensive players and run them down. Understands pursuit angles and can close time and space. Multiple year All-State selection with some recognition by national recruiting media. All Area/District and Multi-Year All Conference. Defensive Captains with signal-calling experience are highly desirable for inside linebackers.

Know what stats to strive for in every position to get recruited by the best college football program you can.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Weis had an interview today and mentioned some of the olineman had to lose weight to get in better shape so they could run an up-tempo offense like Weis/Scott prefer. Wondering if the same thinking applied on defense, guys we're just getting too tired and we paid for it on 3rd down so they made an emphasis to get everyone in way better shape?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Average G5 Linebacker;

FBS Group of 5 and/or High FCS Linebacker
Physical Measurables: Height: 6'1"   Weight: 210 lbs.   
Stats:  40yd: 4.65   Bench: 300 lbs.   Squat: 435 lbs.
Coach Keys:
May have not shown the production of an elite FBS Power 5 caliber recruit, but coaches at this level will still scholarship athletic high school linebackers as they believe they can coach them up into productive college players. Active player that’s constantly around the ball. Knocks blockers and ball-carriers backward on impact. Plays downhill in the run game. Strong on contact, can change the LOS.. Good knee bend. Can match up with most offensive players and run them down. Understands pursuit angles and can close time and space. Multiple year All-State selection with some recognition by national recruiting media. All Area/District and Multi-Year All Conference. Defensive Captains with signal-calling experience are highly desirable for inside linebackers.

Know what stats to strive for in every position to get recruited by the best college football program you can.

I guess we are not even an avg G5 team right now so we are about par for the course.  I just get tired of watching teams pick up 7-8 yards effortlessly and the Linebackers getting completely covered up by a pulling guard on big holes.  I realize the D line has been putrid however not sold on the LB’s besides a lot of experience.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I guess we are not even an avg G5 team right now so we are about par for the course.  I just get tired of watching teams pick up 7-8 yards effortlessly and the Linebackers getting completely covered up by a pulling guard on big holes.  I realize the D line has been putrid however not sold on the LB’s besides a lot of experience.  

I'm guessing that being weak and out of shape had a lot to do with that. Hopefully that has changed this year. We'll find out in 14 days.

GO BULLS!

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

I'm guessing that being weak and out of shape had a lot to do with that. Hopefully that has changed this year. We'll find out in 14 days.

GO BULLS!

You are right about that and Grier was definitely not weak or out of shape.  I just want to see some energy and effort coupled with a smattering of good execution, as I have coined the “three E’s”.  The last couple years have not been enjoyable or really even interesting and I can’t stomach another year of straight ass performance.  I realize we will be hard pressed to win 4-6 games and I am ok with that but watching a dumpster fire will not be acceptable this year, enough is enough.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

Grier was the best defensive player on the team last season. May not be saying much, but the D was better when he was playing for sure. 

When he wasn't getting ejected

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

Weis had an interview today and mentioned some of the olineman had to lose weight to get in better shape so they could run an up-tempo offense like Weis/Scott prefer. Wondering if the same thinking applied on defense, guys we're just getting too tired and we paid for it on 3rd down so they made an emphasis to get everyone in way better shape?

I saw a Weis interview and he stated that he wants to play around 8 offensive lineman per game because he wants 2 speed up the offense. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,472
  • Days Won:  13

Is there a depth chart posted anywhere?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Is there a depth chart posted anywhere?

In my post about winning 8-10  games, i list a depth chart I took from the website below and altered it to how i see it playing out. Im not sure how this website determines it, but they are missing a few players. 

The most accurate, up to date College Football Depth Charts and...

• Like 1