• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There’s a different vibe happening

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, JTrue said:

What I'd like to see is athletes supporting athletes on their own. Not because the coach "sent" them. When I was playing, we'd go to softball games just because they were our brethren. And the women would come to ours for the same reason. "Sending" them is a great first step, but the pinnacle is athletes going to other games without a coach making them or giving them an hour off of practice to go.

Just curious, did y'all go to every other intercollegiate sports event held on your campus to support your "brethren"? Until puc chimes in and says that during the CJL reign our football team supported every other sports teams games held on campus when they were in town there is no pinnacle ....

Personally, although it's good to show support for other teams on campus, I think CJS did this as a football team building thing more than anything else ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

As a college athlete we rarely did this as most of us were too exhausted and/or had to use the time hitting the books. Makes since the football team did during this during the summer as their schedule is not as demanding as it will be in a few weeks. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Can we just be happy? I think it’s great that the players are out there supporting other teams. Coach Gregory has done the same thing. These are the things that will keep people coming back to college sports.  We need to see some kind of rallying around the Alma Mater and not around the dollar. 

ditto

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just curious, did y'all go to every other intercollegiate sports event held on your campus to support your "brethren"? Until puc chimes in and says that during the CJL reign our football team supported every other sports teams games held on campus when they were in town there is no pinnacle ....

Personally, although it's good to show support for other teams on campus, I think CJS did this as a football team building thing more than anything else ...

A little soccer since the field was near ours and we'd wander down there after Fall practices. MBB from time to time. I'd be lying if I said I went to any golf or tennis, but mostly because the guys on those teams at the time were ********.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This year feels different, but I have to see some results 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

That’s what I told my wife five months before the divorce. 

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A South Florida.  South Florida. Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

That’s absurd, CJL actually used to make the other teams play more games and every game was required to be a double header just so we could give more support the the bare minimum of attending every game. CJL recognized the difference between ordinary and extraordinary was that little extra. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

19 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yep.  It's this kind of blind faith that has kept me a Bulls fan for nearly 50 years and gotten me to my third marriage.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1