• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm getting old

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

The great thing about my illustrious basketball career is that you can't be a has been if you were a never was.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

The great thing about my illustrious basketball career is that you can't be a has been if you were a never was.

Same here. Played softball til I turned 60 and the knees gave out. Now it's just a little golf, a little walking, and a little cruising around the neighborhood on my bike a little. Still hoping to get one season in with the Kids and Kubs over in Clearwater though. Just got a few more years for that.  

Kids and Kubs is a senior softball club in St. Petersburg, Florida, for men and women 75 years of age or older.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Sounds like some pretty solid stats from my USF fan perspective, do you have any eligibility left?

I once made a 3 pointer (my one and only attempt ever at the Muma Center) in front of the team. We were getting a tour with another couple.  Made it from near the left baseline.  Just turned and walked out the gym. Was told later by my wife and friends that guys from the team were coming up to high 5 me. 

Later told Antigua that I had eligibility and 2 artificial hips.  

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I still dunk at 83.

You look great for 83. Horrible for whatever age you actually are.  😃

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

59 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Dunk GIFs | Tenor

Awesome, footy, beat me to it …….. and that ending would explain so much. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Haven't been out on a basketball court in probably 20 months or so. I walk the neighborhood to try to get in some steps but used to also go to the court and dribble a ball back and forth for 20 - 30 minutes making layups, short shots and working out to the foul line.  Went out today to do it. Dribble left handed one way and layup with left hand and repeat in the other direction with my right.  Same with shooting FTs.  Probably missed 40 percent of my layups. At best made 3 in a row right handed FTs and 2 left handed. Then I buckled down to just shoot FTs at one end.  Only made 4 of 10 LH and 6 of 10 RH.  Can't ever remember not making 5 of 10.

And then I had to hurry home to pee and wait for my Urologist to call back.  😢

Just trying to bring a smile to your ugly faces.

Funny, I got on TBP while I was sitting in the doctors office so I got a kick out of your advanced years meandering. The bball court production or..reduction, look at it this way, you found your way back home from the court so there's that-a plus. And, you didnt piss(or worse) your pants while you were at the court, that too. No stroke. No cardiac episode. No fractures. CuzR..I believe you had a successful outing...😉

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Ok, don't forget we'd like to attract the younger generation of Bulls fans.  We can't all be as hip as Collin, but we shouldn't all sound like @CousinRicky either.

😆

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I have a hoop in the driveway and can still make it rain, no ups left though.  

image.gif

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I once made a 3 pointer (my one and only attempt ever at the Muma Center) in front of the team. We were getting a tour with another couple.  Made it from near the left baseline.  Just turned and walked out the gym. Was told later by my wife and friends that guys from the team were coming up to high 5 me. 

**** if Antigua wouldn’t sign you I may have to revisit my evaluation, or does it mean you may actually be good?

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I made a three at halftime shootout in the Sun Dome one year for two plane tickets! They called my ticket number. Was USF vs. Memphis, during the Chucky Atkins era. Probably around 1995-96ish?

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 3