• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Friscobull said:

It was fine in person unless you bought a cheap obstructed view seat, it was the easiest stadium to get to, train dropped you right at the old garden.  The over hangs in Chicago were so bad that you couldn’t see the scoreboard.  We used to have to yell down and ask how much time was left.  We use to joke that when there was a big play instead of standing up we needed to get everybody to crouch so they could see the scoreboard.  

I sat right behind the visiting team bench one in Boston Garden.  Couldn't see crap with the players standing and moving the whole time.  Exciting to be that close but not good for seeing the game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I sat right behind the visiting team bench one in Boston Garden.  Couldn't see crap with the players standing and moving the whole time.  Exciting to be that close but not good for seeing the game.

Never been that fortunate however one year with the lightning I split season tickets with some friends and we’re 4 rows from the ice in the corner.  Bought them for pennies on the dollar from a scout that lived in my neighborhood.  A perk was Erin Andrew’s used to do her reporting for the sunshine network right below me, she used to talk to my very young daughter at the time while I undressed her with my eyes, good memories.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

Higher the better for viewing the game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Higher the better for viewing the game.

Agreed. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 3/21/2021 at 9:33 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Nice! Quebec is a beautiful place to visit. My only problem is not speaking French. 

My Grandparents use to rave about Quebec City, how beautiful, picturesque European looking city.  Although some of the locals could be a little on the rude side if you couldn't speak French.

I've been to Montreal, that's a very cool city to visit as well.  It was during the World Cup several years ago.  I didn't realize how diverse culturally it is.

Guest Jonesy Bull

I haven't been keeping track that much with the other divisions.  Its such a weird setup this year where everybody just plays against their own division.

I'm not exactly sure how the playoffs are going to be setup this year, but I think you have to have a couple playoff rounds in your own division first to get to the overall Semi-Finals?  Carolina and Florida have been extremely good this year.  Its going to be a really tough battle to get past both those teams to move on.

Other divisions, any favorites?  I've been hearing that overall - Vegas and Colorado are the real deal this year.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I haven't been keeping track that much with the other divisions.  Its such a weird setup this year where everybody just plays against their own division.

I'm not exactly sure how the playoffs are going to be setup this year, but I think you have to have a couple playoff rounds in your own division first to get to the overall Semi-Finals?  Carolina and Florida have been extremely good this year.  Its going to be a really tough battle to get past both those teams to move on.

Other divisions, any favorites?  I've been hearing that overall - Vegas and Colorado are the real deal this year.

The weird thing is we really don’t know how good teams are this year because they’ve only played seven others. It could be that the seven others are weaker than the other seven in other conferences... but again we have no comparison.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The weird thing is we really don’t know how good teams are this year because they’ve only played seven others. It could be that the seven others are weaker than the other seven in other conferences... but again we have no comparison.

And that sucks because we'll be playing the same teams in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs if I understand that correctly ...... This year may really be asterisk worthy.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

My Grandparents use to rave about Quebec City, how beautiful, picturesque European looking city.  Although some of the locals could be a little on the rude side if you couldn't speak French.

I've been to Montreal, that's a very cool city to visit as well.  It was during the World Cup several years ago.  I didn't realize how diverse culturally it is.

Quebec City is beautiful.  People not as nice if your French isn't perfect. 

I love Montreal in the summer. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That's a really good point.   You think you might be really good if you are in the Top half of your division, but maybe the other teams just suck.

I actually don't think that is the case in the Lightning Division.  Dallas and Nashville are traditionally good.  Then throw in the upstarts Carolina and Florida.