• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Lightning clinch a playoff spot. Still in 3rd 1 point back of Florida and 3 points back of carolina

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

With the loss to Dallas, the Lightning are locked into playing the Florida Panthers in the first round of the playoffs for the first time in their history.  Should be a salty feisty series!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I don't understand the long term injury relief rules. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

I don't understand the long term injury relief rules. 

Delda - I think they intend for it to be very ambiguous and secretive.  Its part of the Hockey way.  

Lower body injury or Upper body injury with no real timeframe or severity published.  Its just one of those weird hockey things which drives me freaking crazy.

Question now is will Stamkos and/or Kucherov be good and ready for the Playoffs....nobody knows or will know until puck drop in Game 1.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Odds to win the Stanley Cup......

Seriously.  How many times are people going to disrespect the Tampa Bay teams before they either have lost all their money or their self esteem.  We might be a little podunk town on the Florida West coast, but stop the disrespect for the defending champions.....JEEZ!!  I actually think the only team that should be ahead of the Bolts is Carolina, and they aren't getting any respect either.  Even Florida Panthers should be higher........What has Colorado or Toronto EVER done....Win something first!  Northern and Western BIAS!

Colorado Avalanche: +450 (bet $100 to win $450)

Vegas Golden Knights: +550

Toronto Maple Leafs: +650

Tampa Bay Lightning: +700

Carolina Hurricanes: +900

Boston Bruins: +1300

Washington Capitals: +1300

Pittsburgh Penguins: +1400

New York Islanders: +1500

Edmonton Oilers: +2000

Florida Panthers: +2000

Minnesota Wild: +2200

Montreal Canadiens: +2400

St. Louis Blues: +2400

Winnipeg Jets: +2400

Nashville Predators: +2800

Dallas Stars: +4400

Calgary Flames: +25000

Vancouver Canucks: +25000

Edited by Jonesy Bull

Guest Jonesy Bull

Maybe I am wrong.  The Lightning might be actually positioned too high on this chart.  Unless Stamkos and/or Kucherov come back and make a real solid contribution in the playoffs then we aren't going anywhere this year.  And now it is public that Hedman is playing hurt.  

Unless these guys come back strong, the Bolts likely won't make it out of their own division.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

I’m kinda wondering if Herman isn’t just resting for the playoffs as the last 2 games are meaningless. I’m very worried about the offense but if we get kuch and stammer back this might be the shot in the arm we need. I could see a first round exit or getting back to the finals with this team depending on health

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

I’m kinda wondering if Herman isn’t just resting for the playoffs as the last 2 games are meaningless. I’m very worried about the offense but if we get kuch and stammer back this might be the shot in the arm we need. I could see a first round exit or getting back to the finals with this team depending on health

I'm wondering that too.  Maybe we are resting the main guys and will spring out Kuch and Stamkos once the playoffs begin.  That would a shockingly wonderful surprise.  But how good will they be with no games under their belts?

These last 2 games were pretty much meaningless.  The last game has some meaning because it determines home ice advantage vs the Panthers.  I'm also very worried about their goaltender Bobrovski.  If I'm not mistaken, he was the one that blew us out of the playoffs with Columbus?  Unless I'm thinking of somebody else.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think the lightning will be fine. Certainly winning at all last year helps a lot. I know what it takes. But one of the teams from the east will be a tough out for them for sure. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think the lightning will be fine. Certainly winning at all last year helps a lot. I know what it takes. But one of the teams from the east will be a tough out for them for sure. 

We will see, but I don't have a warm fuzzy.  It all comes down the health of our key players which they aren't saying much at this point - if Kuch, Stamkos and Hedman are ready to go we will be tough to beat, if not we could be out in the first round..  We also lost some key peripheral players from last year's squad, and I'm not sure we replaced them with the same caliber, and certainly not the same experience.