• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh you hockey newbies 😀:

Rangers, Redwings, Bruins, Canadians, Maple Leafs, and Blackhawks. Then came the big expansion of 1967 where the league doubled in size. 

How about the New York Americans (they later became the Brooklyn Americans) and the Hamilton Tigers?  

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not quite that old 😂. I started going to games in 1978...first one was Rangers vs Bruins at MSG. Yes, they actually had Zambonis back then but there were no helmet rules. 😀

Helmets! I remember when goalies didn’t wear masks.  Ever hear of Terry Sawchuk? He was the first to wear a face mask.
sawchukone6.jpg

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966_small.

Edited by SittingBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Kinda always thought the Nordiques were an original and didn't realize more US teams than Canadians ,,,

I loved the Nordiques back in the day. Probably the best uniforms in the history of the game (my opinion). Of course they are now the Colorado Avalanche. I also liked the old Hartford Whalers. Great rival with the Bruins. Although I am sure you know they are now the Carolina Hurricanes (who still wear the Whaler sweater once a year). Lord help me...I could sit and talk about this stuff all day...

39 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

How about the New York Americans (they later became the Brooklyn Americans) and the Hamilton Tigers?  

Now you talkin brother🤘. They owned NY back in the 1920s and 30s. The Madison Square Garden owners saw this and created their own team called the Rangers. Thus, the old MSG had two teams playing in the building. By the 1940s the Rangers pushed out the Amercs who, as you noted, moved to Brooklyn. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I loved the Nordiques back in the day. Probably the best uniforms in the history of the game (my opinion). Of course they are now the Colorado Avalanche. I also liked the old Hartford Whalers. Great rival with the Bruins. Although I am sure you know they are now the Carolina Hurricanes (who still wear the Whaler sweater once a year). Lord help me...I could sit and talk about this stuff all day...

Whalers logo v. 80s Nordiques logo... that's a tough one.

33 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Helmets! I remember when goalies didn’t wear masks.  Ever hear of Terry Sawchuk? He was the first to wear a face mask.
sawchukone6.jpg

terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966_small.

Nice find...I remember that pic. Here is an autograph of the great Eddie Giacomin hanging in my sports room.

3744CEDA-5B69-43A9-855B-8E18EE48DFA9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Whalers logo v. 80s Nordiques logo... that's a tough one.

Indeed that are both classics. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not quite that old 😂. I started going to games in 1978...first one was Rangers vs Bruins at MSG. Yes, they actually had Zambonis back then but there were no helmet rules. 😀

My first game was 79 Hawks vs Leafs, the old Chicago stadium.  The original 6 has been a trivia question numerous times and any hockey fan should commit this to memory.  The Blackhawks have always had the best jerseys, hands down.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Is there really more than one team, though ....

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Is there really more than one team, though ....

Tell us what you know....and stop being such a beat around the bush guy!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I actually have a Nordiques puck from a visit up there way back when ...... and yes, I did know Whalers = Hurricanes but didn't know Nordiques = Avalanche.

Just now, Triple B said:

I actually have a Nordiques puck from a visit up there way back when ...... and yes, I did know Whalers = Hurricanes but didn't know Nordiques = Avalanche.

Nice! Quebec is a beautiful place to visit. My only problem is not speaking French.