• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest SittingBull
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Nice find...I remember that pic. Here is an autograph of the great Eddie Giacomin hanging in my sports room.

3744CEDA-5B69-43A9-855B-8E18EE48DFA9.jpeg

Indeed that are both classics. 

Eddie is a really nice guy, I had dinner with him a couple of times.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I loved the Nordiques back in the day. Probably the best uniforms in the history of the game (my opinion). Of course they are now the Colorado Avalanche. I also liked the old Hartford Whalers. Great rival with the Bruins. Although I am sure you know they are now the Carolina Hurricanes (who still wear the Whaler sweater once a year). Lord help me...I could sit and talk about this stuff all day...

My first game in person was the Minn North Stars. Did they move to Dallas? Was doing an audit up there and my hotel was across from their arena so walked over one night. Grew up a Rangers fan thanks to my dad. Ed Giacoman comes to mind as a goalie. TV pic was so bad that we never saw the puck, just the guys skating around and listened to the announcer for details.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Grew up a Rangers fan thanks to my dad. Ed Giacoman comes to mind as a goalie. 

I wish I was old to enough to have seen Eddie play. I know how beloved he was was by the fans and how much they were pissed when they let waived him.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I wish I was old to enough to have seen Eddie play. I know how beloved he was was by the fans and how much they were pissed when they let waived him.

He comes back to the Garden as a Red Ring and the entire crowd cheered for Detroit throughout the game.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,883
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He comes back to the Garden as a Red Ring and the entire crowd cheered for Detroit throughout the game.

I have watched that clip many a time and loved it. One of the big reasons why I love being a Rangers fan.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

My first game in person was the Minn North Stars. Did they move to Dallas? Was doing an audit up there and my hotel was across from their arena so walked over one night. Grew up a Rangers fan thanks to my dad. Ed Giacoman comes to mind as a goalie. TV pic was so bad that we never saw the puck, just the guys skating around and listened to the announcer for details.

Yes sir, they simply dropped the North and kept the colors and Stars.  High def has been a godsend for hockey, really tough to follow the puck back then, now I absolutely love to watch it on TV as well as live.  

Guest SittingBull
6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

It’s been a long time, but If I’m remembering correctly TV from Boston Garden was the worst, as far as seeing the puck went.

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I had a Pub Sub for lunch. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, SittingBull said:

It’s been a long time, but If I’m remembering correctly TV from Boston Garden was the worst, as far as seeing the puck went.

It was probably a result of living 60+ miles from NY and using an antenna on top of the house that probably was pointed toward PHL since that was closer for the 3 broadcast stations in existence at the time.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, SittingBull said:

It was fine in person unless you bought a cheap obstructed view seat, it was the easiest stadium to get to, train dropped you right at the old garden.  The over hangs in Chicago were so bad that you couldn’t see the scoreboard.  We used to have to yell down and ask how much time was left.  We use to joke that when there was a big play instead of standing up we needed to get everybody to crouch so they could see the scoreboard.