• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

How many coaches had one spring practice in their first year installing a new offense and defense in the year 2020?  Not many at all.  How many coaches had as few players available last year throughout the season, including the presumed starting QB (Fortin)?  **** near zero had all of these challenges.

So except for pretty much everything you said, I guess you are correct.

I’ll answer the first one as it’s pretty easy almost all of college football didn’t get at least half of their practices in and 2/5’s got zero practices in (that’s less than CJS), at least 24 of which were first year coaches that were clearly installing “their” offenses and defenses with players that were not theirs almost all of which had better seasons than CJS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/05/08/college-football-spring-practice-coronavirus

LaneKiffin_2020_olemiss.jpg

The 2020 college football season featured 24 new coaches at FBS programs, and with the...

As for Fortin where is there any indication he would have been the starter going into last season? And where do you get any idea that we were more impacted by Covid than any other program in the country? I think you are looking at the results and then working backwards to find the excuse for why it must have happened, the problem is you aren’t looking for the adversity in the other programs because they did not perform as miserably as CJS. His results were pretty close the worst out of every first year coach, out of every coach that had or did not have a spring game, out of every coach installing new systems and out of every coach dealing with having to use their returning starting qb. That his results were at the bottom in no way points to his adversity being at the top and doesn’t seem to hold up to any scrutiny of the “data”. Now share with me some more of your feelings and point out how the data doesn’t know CJS like you do.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Prepare to hear the story of the mighty Roadrunners ...... *sigh*

the big bang theory sheldon GIF

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

No. CCS was given a pretty loaded team (relative for USF) and was an arsonist who burnt the program to the ground. Scott has been left to pick up the ashes of what Strong left behind.

Ashes can be turned into fertilizer or lye. We will either grow or be a chemical burn. Only time will tell

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’ll answer the first one as it’s pretty easy almost all of college football didn’t get at least half of their practices in and 2/5’s got zero practices in (that’s less than CJS), at least 24 of which were first year coaches that were clearly installing “their” offenses and defenses with players that were not theirs almost all of which had better seasons than CJS.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/05/08/college-football-spring-practice-coronavirus

LaneKiffin_2020_olemiss.jpg

The 2020 college football season featured 24 new coaches at FBS programs, and with the...

As for Fortin where is there any indication he would have been the starter going into last season? And where do you get any idea that we were more impacted by Covid than any other program in the country? I think you are looking at the results and then working backwards to find the excuse for why it must have happened, the problem is you aren’t looking for the adversity in the other programs because they did not perform as miserably as CJS. His results were pretty close the worst out of every first year coach, out of every coach that had or did not have a spring game, out of every coach installing new systems and out of every coach dealing with having to use their returning starting qb. That his results were at the bottom in no way points to his adversity being at the top and doesn’t seem to hold up to any scrutiny of the “data”. Now share with me some more of your feelings and point out how the data doesn’t know CJS like you do.

Joey freshwater had it easy. He left a team with players and the sec still has Vandy, their Uconn. That means he was light years a head of Scott

9 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Joey freshwater had it easy. He left a team with players and the sec still has Vandy, their Uconn. That means he was light years a head of Scott

I always take umbrage with people finding it fine to disparage actual USF bulls that chose to come here in order to advance their defense of our latest mercenary. 24/7 has our talent in the middle of the AAC for last season but it’s probably that just like every other fact they just don’t understand that all stats are lies and just out to get CJS on his quest for his first FBS win oh his life. Trust the science, CJS is the reason for his failure last season and not the fact that he had to to deal with not getting to have better players and more practice than every other team that he faced. 

102760.png

In order to create the most comprehensive Team Recruiting Ranking without any notion...

The players are the Bulls they are the ones that follow the program, show up, give shout outs and occasionally make contributions after they graduate. Either CJS will get his **** together and we will never hear from him again after the fourth season or he won’t in which case we will never hear from him again after season 4. I stand with the players and feel for them having to  play under the heavy burden of systematic coaching failure.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

102760.png

The players are the Bulls they are the ones that follow the program, show up, give shout outs and occasionally make contributions after they graduate.

So is JPP in or out? Why are you making this about him? I thought that was NEB’s thing?

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

Don’t know if this is posted elsewhere, but . . . Brown to UAB, Castaneda to Akron.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Dave Glaser said:

Don’t know if this is posted elsewhere, but . . . Brown to UAB, Castaneda to Akron.

Brown will do well at UAB 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Any updates? CBG is still tweeting away. I think he is staying

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

Any updates? CBG is still tweeting away. I think he is staying

At this stage, unless the investigation reveals something truly egregious, I think you are stuck with him. There isn't enough time to make a good hire and bring in quality players to fill the roster spots that have been abdicated. He had better find guys that work in his system in the portal.