• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Scott absolutely came into a less than optimal situation but that’s when it should be easiest to show improvement, he unfortunately showed regression and that he is a first year inexperienced coach is absolutely not his fault but it’s absolutely our fault for hiring him. Every single day is an opportunity to improve and take a step towards progress, it shouldn’t take you one year of going backwards to figure out what that first impactful step can be. It’s past time for CJS to demonstrate something and there is no reason it cannot be this year. If he was successful in year one not a single person would have been saying “it’s because of CCS and we never should have fired him”; if he can receive praise for being more successful he absolutely should receive criticism for catastrophic failure.

🤣

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

No. CCS was given a pretty loaded team (relative for USF) and was an arsonist who burnt the program to the ground. Scott has been left to pick up the ashes of what Strong left behind.

But how would anyone know that prior to him putting in the final keystone of the three year bridge that he was building? So if going from 4 wins to 1 win y/y isn’t worthy of criticism because it takes three years to not be embarrassing where exactly on that path is it okay to call out failure? Clearly you think it’s before three years and if we get to the heart of it you are going to point to where CCS started showing regression, CJS just got a jump start on that. No one expected him to win the conference but he certainly should have been marginally close to what CCS accomplished. Even ccs was able to do that with CWT.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If it takes you three years in life to show improvement in any facet of anything you are not good at it,

Stopped reading right there. You're ******* hopeless .....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  952
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Where is shutdown football and go with basketball guy? Crickets??? Love to hear from him now.

I still stand by the fact it only takes 1 star player and 2 solid players to be highly competitive in basketball; whereas football is much more in depth. In addition, the sheer amount of investment that goes into football compared to basketball is huge. Return on investment is complicated, but obviously football has a higher ceiling. I would think being a perennial NCAAT participant would net us just as much, if not more publicity than being a good AAC football team (with much less investment). If we were apart of a major football conference, we would have a different conversation; but nobody cares about the AAC and nobody will ever care about it because we don’t bring in the money the big boys do, it’s just the reality of our situation. 

Just now, Triple B said:

Stopped reading right there. You're ******* hopeless .....

If you want me to say CJS has done anything besides fail here then yes that’s absolutely hopeless, why?Look Up Nba Finals GIF by ESPN

39 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

@Triple Bisn't saying people need 3 years to show improvement "in any facet of anything". Recruiting and developing over 3 years is reasonable and necessary to allow HIS guys to get into HIS system, learn it and demonstrate it in games. The 3 years is a function of recruiting cycles and roster turnover, and that there are only 12 games to demonstrate applied learning in game action.

I was wrong in saying CWT should have been fired midway through his 3rd year. Scott came into a bad situation and as a first-time coach, so patience - as hard as it may be to have - is what is prudent here.

In the spirit of accuracy, it was 3/4 of the way thru his 2nd year, after the infamous SMU game. Halfway thru his 3rd year, things were already starting to click

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If you want me to say CJS has done anything besides fail here

First, why would I want you to lie. Second, the fact that you can't seem to grasp why that doesn't really mean **** is the reason I tagged you hopeless ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

First, why would I want you to lie. Second, the fact that you can't seem to grasp why that doesn't really mean **** is the reason I tagged you hopeless ...

You have three years to turn things around by everyone on here’s math, I guess ultimately (besides continuing to hemorrhage fans) where you begin the actual improvement isn’t that horribly important (see your CWT example) but you have a better chance of hitting that acceptable mark in year three if one year isn’t wasted regressing and showing no improvements in any facet of anything (spare me the penalty thing as there is no correlation between penalties and winning in college football, I’ve presented the stats and can find them again if we must). So onto year two, how many more games should we expect CJS to win than what got CCS fired? 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

They had actual adversity, they were actually a year zero rebuild and they did better. CJS won one game because of failures of CJS and how he navigated the same adversities facing the majority of coaches. People thought anyone could do better than CCS and we managed to hire one of the few coaches that could do worse. He is going to hopefully improve but at present he is the embodiment of failure.

How many coaches had one spring practice in their first year installing a new offense and defense in the year 2020?  Not many at all.  How many coaches had as few players available last year throughout the season, including the presumed starting QB (Fortin)?  **** near zero had all of these challenges.

So except for pretty much everything you said, I guess you are correct.

16 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

How many coaches had one spring practice in their first year installing a new offense and defense in the year 2020?  Not many at all.  How many coaches had as few players available last year throughout the season, including the presumed starting QB (Fortin)?  **** near zero had all of these challenges.

So except for pretty much everything you said, I guess you are correct.

Prepare to hear the story of the mighty Roadrunners ...... *sigh*

• Haha 3