• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

@chapelbull is all over the football program like I am all over the basketball program. 

Another falsehood ........ shocking 🙄

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Another falsehood ........ shocking 🙄

Meant @puc86 not you. I guess you have just been on my mind a lot lately, and I have just missed you and your loving words of encouragement!

Edited by bjef4844
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Meant @puc86 not you. I guess you have just been on my mind a lot lately, and I have just missed you and your loving words of encouragement!

I prefer to think of it as being consistent. If you think it’s bad when someone goes sub .500 then it only stands to reason that it’s bad when someone goes .1111111111111111 having only beaten a single FCS team. For perspective if we had the season canceled we would have won the exact same number of FBS wins as we had last season and in 1971 a year after having almost their entire football program killed in a plane crash Marshal won twice as many games as we did. I guess that first year coach wasn’t quite dealing with the same amount of adversity as CJS had in his first season.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I prefer to think of it as being consistent. If you think it’s bad when someone goes sub .500 then it only stands to reason that it’s bad when someone goes .1111111111111111 having only beaten a single FCS team. For perspective if we had the season canceled we would have won the exact same number of FBS wins as we had last season and in 1971 a year after having almost their entire football program killed in a plane crash Marshal won twice as many games as we did. I guess that first year coach wasn’t quite dealing with the same amount of adversity as CJS had in his first season.

Wow. Invoking the Marshall plane crash to emphasize your point, because you know, those are only comprable because they are 1st year rebuilds. You are too extreme even for me puc.

If we get a movie made about us Frankie Muniz should play Jeff Scott, Bryan Cranston can play Micheal Kelly and Bobb'e Thompson can play McCloud.

Edited by bjef4844

10 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Wow. Invoking the Marshall plane crash to emphasize your point, because you know, those are only comprable because they are 1st year rebuilds. You are too extreme even for me puc.

If we get a movie made about us Frankie Muniz should play Jeff Scott, Bryan Cranston can play Micheal Kelly and Bobb'e Thompson can play McCloud.

They had actual adversity, they were actually a year zero rebuild and they did better. CJS won one game because of failures of CJS and how he navigated the same adversities facing the majority of coaches. People thought anyone could do better than CCS and we managed to hire one of the few coaches that could do worse. He is going to hopefully improve but at present he is the embodiment of failure.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

People thought anyone could do better than CCS and we managed to hire one of the few coaches that could do worse.

The majority of those "people" are astute enough, and not narrow minded enough, to bother to seriously judge the hire on one year. They realize what he did in the first year doesn't really mean **** and after the third year is when a serious assessment needs to be made, with everything taken into consideration ....

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The majority of those "people" are astute enough, and not narrow minded enough, to bother to seriously judge the hire on one year. They realize what he did in the first year doesn't really mean **** and after the third year is when a serious assessment needs to be made, with everything taken into consideration ....

If it takes you three years in life to show improvement in any facet of anything you are not good at it, this isn’t the one thing in life where doing 25 percent as well as the person that got fired for performance (over an entire year) is somehow doing a better job. Doing worse is never a necessary component to going forward and the only way to be moving towards improvement is to actually be demonstrating improvement. I look forward to being able to say CJS is doing a great job but it’s completely foolish to say you can’t judge winning 1 of 9 in your first year, it’s complete and total failure demonstrated at a level worse than any other failed coach in our athletic history (and remarkably close to the worst anyone has ever done in the history of college football).

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If it takes you three years in life to show improvement in any facet of anything you are not good at it, this isn’t the one thing in life where doing 25 percent as well as the person that got fired for performance (over an entire year) is somehow doing a better job. Doing worse is never a necessary component to going forward and the only way to be moving towards improvement is to actually be demonstrating improvement. I look forward to being able to say CJS is doing a great job but it’s completely foolish to say you can’t judge winning 1 of 9 in your first year, it’s complete and total failure demonstrated at a level worse than any other failed coach in our athletic history (and remarkably close to the worst anyone has ever done in the history of college football).

@Triple Bisn't saying people need 3 years to show improvement "in any facet of anything". Recruiting and developing over 3 years is reasonable and necessary to allow HIS guys to get into HIS system, learn it and demonstrate it in games. The 3 years is a function of recruiting cycles and roster turnover, and that there are only 12 games to demonstrate applied learning in game action.

I was wrong in saying CWT should have been fired midway through his 3rd year. Scott came into a bad situation and as a first-time coach, so patience - as hard as it may be to have - is what is prudent here.

14 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

@Triple Bisn't saying people need 3 years to show improvement "in any facet of anything". Recruiting and developing over 3 years is reasonable and necessary to allow HIS guys to get into HIS system, learn it and demonstrate it in games. The 3 years is a function of recruiting cycles and roster turnover, and that there are only 12 games to demonstrate applied learning in game action.

I was wrong in saying CWT should have been fired midway through his 3rd year. Scott came into a bad situation and as a first-time coach, so patience - as hard as it may be to have - is what is prudent here.

So what you are trying to say is it was wrong to claim CCS should be fired when you did? Scott absolutely came into a less than optimal situation but that’s when it should be easiest to show improvement, he unfortunately showed regression and that he is a first year inexperienced coach is absolutely not his fault but it’s absolutely our fault for hiring him. Every single day is an opportunity to improve and take a step towards progress, it shouldn’t take you one year of going backwards to figure out what that first impactful step can be. It’s past time for CJS to demonstrate something and there is no reason it cannot be this year. If he was successful in year one not a single person would have been saying “it’s because of CCS and we never should have fired him”; if he can receive praise for being more successful he absolutely should receive criticism for catastrophic failure.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So what you are trying to say is it was wrong to claim CCS should be fired when you did? Scott absolutely came into a less than optimal situation but that’s when it should be easiest to show improvement, he unfortunately showed regression and that he is a first year inexperienced coach is absolutely not his fault but it’s absolutely our fault for hiring him. Every single day is an opportunity to improve and take a step towards progress, it shouldn’t take you one year of going backwards to figure out what that first impactful step can be. It’s past time for CJS to demonstrate something and there is no reason it cannot be this year. If he was successful in year one not a single person would have been saying “it’s because of CCS and we never should have fired him”; if he can receive praise for being more successful he absolutely should receive criticism for catastrophic failure.

No. CCS was given a pretty loaded team (relative for USF) and was an arsonist who burnt the program to the ground. Scott has been left to pick up the ashes of what Strong left behind.