• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Entire USF Mens basketball team is transfering. (well only 5 so far)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Are you a good recruiter if you get talent to come to your program but after a few years in it, they all want to transfer out (whatever the reason)?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure what the fascination is with tracking these guys after they transfer.  I have no plans of watching or rooting for him, won’t root against him either.  I couldn’t give 2 violation about Seton Hall or the BE.  Later Yet, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Not sure what the fascination is with tracking these guys after they transfer.  I have no plans of watching or rooting for him, won’t root against him either.  I couldn’t give 2 violation about Seton Hall or the BE.  Later Yet, don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. 

Meh, what the hell else do we have to talk about? Publix subs? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Meh, what the hell else do we have to talk about? Publix subs? 

Publix subs > USF deserters.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, bjef4844 said:

Are you a good recruiter if you get talent to come to your program but after a few years in it, they all want to transfer out (whatever the reason)?

Why not ask the dozens of other teams dealing with the same issue?

9 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Why not ask the dozens of other teams dealing with the same issue?

I'm not aware of any schools with 8 players entering the transfer portal since the end of the season, with some/most of those being due to alleged racist comments made and enabled by the coaching staff. That number is more than double the current DI average.

But to your point, with many programs seeing an uptick in players entering the portal, although nowhere near what USF is experiencing, I wonder if people will just chalk up our transfers to the current environment that the NCAA has created.

Regardless of the reasons, when you have 9 players you recruited (including Anderson) all transfer out within a short timeframe something probably stinks within the program. When I see someone who is terrible at the tactical aspects of their job, I am never surprised to hear when they are also terrible at the leadership part of their job.

Edited by bjef4844

7 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I'm not aware of any schools with 8 players entering the transfer portal since the end of the season, with some/most of those being due to alleged racist comments made and enabled by the coaching staff. That number is more than double the DI average.

But to your point, with many programs seeing an uptick in players entering the portal, although nowhere near what USF is experiencing, I wonder if people will just chalk our transfers up to the current environment that the NCAA has enabled.

Regardless of the reasons, when you have 9 players you recruited (including Anderson) all transfer out within a short timeframe something probably stinks within the program. 

Which is it some or most?   And if you don't have a link then stop saying either because so far we have what? 1 player who also almost never played/contributed say anything about "race" while we have an African America assistant coach that appears to be in full support of CBG and multiple players transferring in as well.

It's obvious that the current NCAA rule exceptions have a major influence on the number of transfers throughout college basketball.   

11 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Which is it some or most?   And if you don't have a link then stop saying either because so far we have what? 1 player who also almost never played/contributed say anything about "race" while we have an African America assistant coach that appears to be in full support of CBG and multiple players transferring in as well.

It's obvious that the current NCAA rule exceptions have a major influence on the number of transfers throughout college basketball.   

The investigation might give us some insight into that, otherwise we'll have to base it on what players have publicly said and what has been reported. But again, regardless of the reason when 9 guys transfer out they aren't leaving because they love it here.

The NCAA exception has taken the overall numbers up, but unless you think that 3.5=8 there is a serious problem within the MBB program. Its a contributing factor, but its not the primary reason these kids are bolting. The NCAA has provided them an off ramp to escape the toxic environment and they are taking it.

Edited by bjef4844

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't eat a lot of subs but will try to remember to give it a shot.  But I do hold Publix in high regard.

He's right.   They are pretty solid for a chain place.   There's one in Land O Lakes at Collier Parkway and maybe just past  Wiregrass Mall

• Upvote 1