• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TAMPA BAY: HOME OF THE CHAMPION'S

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

On 2/11/2021 at 11:31 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Not a fan of any of the teams but I am happy for the city of Tampa. Too bad it did happen in a pandemic, would have been nice to have the fans at those games to take it all in. 

That's what makes it quintessential Tampa.  But I'll take it.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel like trolling today   

I know it is the past but looking at him still pisses me off a little.  With him and Urban I now have my most hated team next year.  I will enjoy it while it lasts because this experiment will go over like a turd in a punch bowl and they both will be fired within 3 years.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I know it is the past but looking at him still pisses me off a little.  With him and Urban I now have my most hated team next year.  I will enjoy it while it lasts because this experiment will go over like a turd in a punch bowl and they both will be fired within 3 years.  

Urban hired the weight guy from Iowa like an idiot and then had to fire him the next day. He is off to a good start with his players😂😂

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Urban hired the weight guy from Iowa like an idiot and then had to fire him the next day. He is off to a good start with his players😂😂

I did see that, dude was already cancelled but he thought it was like at Ohio State or Florida where he could do whatever the heck he wanted because he was king.  He will be back in the booth in no time, NFL is a different game and you can’t rely on having more athletes than the opponent, we will now see what kinda of coach he is.  

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I did see that, dude was already cancelled but he thought it was like at Ohio State or Florida where he could do whatever the heck he wanted because he was king.  He will be back in the booth in no time, NFL is a different game and you can’t rely on having more athletes than the opponent, we will now see what kinda of coach he is.  

He will end up just like Steve Spurrier did at DC. 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:08 PM, bjef4844 said:

Congratulations to all the local pro sports teams! Its been a welcome distraction from a pretty awful year. Imagine if you live in Boston, New York or Detroit.

Women's basketball is probably our best hope for USF success this year that people have awareness to. I know this isn't anatomically correct but Go Lady Bulls!

Yeah, being born and raised here in metro Detroit, I look at pro sports teams differently; if they don’t entertain me, I don’t watch. I don’t give blind loyalty after seeing the Lions all my life. Strangely enough, I was always a Florida sports team person anyways, (which is why I came to USF for school), but if the teams don’t care, neither do I. In terms of local loyalty, why? They literally don’t care about you, they just care about money in their pockets. Very rarely do you get a Steinbrenner or Mike Illitch that will spend what they have to, to try and win. In terms of college sports, some schools care some don’t, I paid my tuition to USF, worked two jobs and busted tail to earn my degree. I don’t owe USF a thing. Do I want to see them do well? Of course, I’m very proud of USF, BUT, when I see them not taking sports serious, why should I? It’s a give-take relationship and right now USF doesn’t promote its sports, it doesn’t build the facilities it should have, it doesn’t manage their books properly and quite frankly they show zero interest in changing. UCF blew past us because the wanted it more and we have done NOTHING to change that. So as far as I’m concerned, I’ve given 16 years of loyalty to USF and all they have “given” me is 1 NCAA tourney in basketball and disappointment in football, not a good return in investment. So until they DO something to get better, I’ll continue to DO other things in my life. Sorry if I sound a little jaded, but I do love USF, I’m just sick of the USF’s lack of action. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, michibull said:

Yeah, being born and raised here in metro Detroit, I look at pro sports teams differently; if they don’t entertain me, I don’t watch. I don’t give blind loyalty after seeing the Lions all my life. Strangely enough, I was always a Florida sports team person anyways, (which is why I came to USF for school), but if the teams don’t care, neither do I. In terms of local loyalty, why? They literally don’t care about you, they just care about money in their pockets. Very rarely do you get a Steinbrenner or Mike Illitch that will spend what they have to, to try and win. In terms of college sports, some schools care some don’t, I paid my tuition to USF, worked two jobs and busted tail to earn my degree. I don’t owe USF a thing. Do I want to see them do well? Of course, I’m very proud of USF, BUT, when I see them not taking sports serious, why should I? It’s a give-take relationship and right now USF doesn’t promote its sports, it doesn’t build the facilities it should have, it doesn’t manage their books properly and quite frankly they show zero interest in changing. UCF blew past us because the wanted it more and we have done NOTHING to change that. So as far as I’m concerned, I’ve given 16 years of loyalty to USF and all they have “given” me is 1 NCAA tourney in basketball and disappointment in football, not a good return in investment. So until they DO something to get better, I’ll continue to DO other things in my life. Sorry if I sound a little jaded, but I do love USF, I’m just sick of the USF’s lack of action. 

Totally understandable. And sorry about the Lions.  😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Michibull- "Sorry if I sound jaded". Probably dont need to apologize for saying how you feel. I'm sure your sentiments are shared by many on this site along with other USF alumni. Seems like we are always, "hopeful". The spurts of having winning seasons get you fired up but...never a champion in FB or BB. Watching the game yesterday was another downer. Even with the long pay off we should have beaten Tulane. Tough to keep watching but always "Hopeful"..again and again. Tulane made a mockery of our bigs scoring at will in the lane. "Hopefully" you wont give up on USF we need all the fans we can muster you just have to be thick skinned to be a fan. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

Michibull- "Sorry if I sound jaded". Probably dont need to apologize for saying how you feel. I'm sure your sentiments are shared by many on this site along with other USF alumni. Seems like we are always, "hopeful". The spurts of having winning seasons get you fired up but...never a champion in FB or BB. Watching the game yesterday was another downer. Even with the long pay off we should have beaten Tulane. Tough to keep watching but always "Hopeful"..again and again. Tulane made a mockery of our bigs scoring at will in the lane. "Hopefully" you wont give up on USF we need all the fans we can muster you just have to be thick skinned to be a fan. 

Thanks buddy, USF will ALWAYS be my team. I always dreamt of going to school in Florida and USF accepted me and made a dream come true. I agree with the hopeful aspect, I really thought this year would be big for basketball, but I think the the way the year has been with breaks in the action, it hurt. I think CJS can turn it around, USF athletic dept just needs to help him. As for the Bucs, me, my wife and kids; we’ve have been fans since the creamsicle years, so this year was amazing (yeah, the Lions are still breaking my parents hearts, haha). We love the Tampa area and plan on coming back eventually. So here’s to “hope”, without it, we have nothing 😁

51 minutes ago, michibull said:

Truer words have never been spoken. I think your feelings are similar to most of us here. This Athletics Program has little heartbeat.