• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

TAMPA BAY: HOME OF THE CHAMPION'S

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR THE LOCAL PRO SPORTS TEAMS IN TAMPA BAY IN 2020-2021

LIGHTNING> WON THE STANLEY CUP

RAYS> WORLD SERIES

BUC'S> SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS                                                                       AMAZING!!

Would appear it's time for USF to bring in a major sport championship or two. Otherwise, Tampa may ask us to relocate to?? like Immokalee......

HOW GREAT TO SEE TAMPA BAY AS A CHAMPIONSHIP CITY.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

It would be my preference that all of the Tampa professional teams relocate away from the city as the only local team I care about is USF. I’m glad CJS is enjoying his electric time at the Super Bowl maybe one day he can try having a singular exciting moment at USF.

• Crying 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It would be my preference that all of the Tampa professional teams relocate away from the city as the only local team I care about is USF. I’m glad CJS is enjoying his electric time at the Super Bowl maybe one day he can try having a singular exciting moment at USF.

Still can’t figure out you can live somewhere for the majority of your life and not root for the home team, haven’t these teams grown on you a little. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Still can’t figure out you can live somewhere for the majority of your life and not root for the home team, haven’t these teams grown on you a little. 

No I actually see them as stifling my USF first agenda and I full on hate them and actively root against them. The community gave the Bucs a stadium for no apparent reason, built on taxpayer dollars and then we get to pay rent to them and have them profit from any success we may have while we get to also pay the lightning to have failing marketing. The Tampa sports world is a feudal one where we are the only serfs. USF would be better off not competing for the same resources and subsidizing the haves, I wish they would all make good on their promises and actually leave for once. They provide no value to USF and actively remove value.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It’s probably relative to how long one lives in that area and where they lived prior. I find that many in the the younger generation have little loyalty and jump from team to team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s probably relative to how long one lives in that area and where they lived prior. I find that many in the the younger generation have little loyalty and jump from team to team. 

We've adopted all the Tampa Bay teams since moving down.  Probably follow the local teams more than the teams of my youth at this point.  But still check scores of SF Giants, NY Giants, Flyers and Sixers.  

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with how long someone lives there is probably the main reason but I have friends who adopted their dads team and never actually lived in the home state of their favorite team, this has always kinda baffled me.  I moved from Illinois in HS but held onto the Bears until mid twenties. It seemed kinda silly for me attending every Bucs game and them not being my favorite so I trashed by Bears, Blackhawks and Sox gear and became a homer, moved again and after a few years did the same.  Not sure how this plays out if I move from Texas. 

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No I actually see them as stifling my USF first agenda and I full on hate them and actively root against them. The community gave the Bucs a stadium for no apparent reason, built on taxpayer dollars and then we get to pay rent to them and have them profit from any success we may have while we get to also pay the lightning to have failing marketing. The Tampa sports world is a feudal one where we are the only serfs. USF would be better off not competing for the same resources and subsidizing the haves, I wish they would all make good on their promises and actually leave for once. They provide no value to USF and actively remove value.

Somehow I still feel we would find a way to suck and provide little value even if all the professional teams left Tampa, to blame others for our ineptitude seems like a stretch,  we are who we are.  

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I agree with how long someone lives there is probably the main reason but I have friends who adopted their dads team and never actually lived in the home state of their favorite team, this has always kinda baffled me.  I moved from Illinois in HS but held onto the Bears until mid twenties. It seemed kinda silly for me attending every Bucs game and them not being my favorite so I trashed by Bears, Blackhawks and Sox gear and became a homer, moved again and after a few years did the same.  Not sure how this plays out if I move from Texas. 

Your first point is especially true for college sports. I will never for the life of me see how someone could have graduated from a university then ignore it’s teams and instead choose to support daddy’s team. I don’t care if that’s how you were raised it’s just plain wrong.

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Somehow I still feel we would find a way to suck and provide little value even if all the professional teams left Tampa, to blame others for our ineptitude seems like a stretch,  we are who we are.  

But for sure when people have disposable income they will spend on the flavor of the month who is winning over a losing program.