• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TAMPA BAY: HOME OF THE CHAMPION'S

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's no way on God's green earth that I could have done what Frisco did where he is.

Not many can do what Frisco does, it is what makes me amazing.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am such a contrarian that my dad grew up near Wrigley field and loves the Cubs an absolute diehard however I became a Sox fan just because.  

****...that’s hardcore. I heard that happen a lot in NY when they had three teams eons ago. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
8 hours ago, puc86 said:

No need to be a Debby Downer, I dream of a future where USF dominates the Tampa sports scene and in order to have the dream realized we simply need the Bucs, Lightning, the Rays, FSU, Florida, the SEC, The ACC, the Big10, the Yankees, most of the NFL, most of MLB, MMA, Boxing, most of the NHL and WWE to disappear. I know it seems like a lofty dream but I think given wheat I’ve seen USF athletics produce it’s more realistic than us actually improving enough to be once again relevant.

Define next.

What exactly are you smoking?  If so pass it please!

Like it or not PUC, this city is now known as Champa Bay!  The Bulls need to decide if they are going to jump on the Bandwagon and put in the necessary resources to be even anywhere close to relevancy in this town.

Now this is not going to last forever, these things are cyclical especially in a relatively smaller market like Tampa Bay.  We will suck again.  But right now, lets fully enjoy what we have while we have it.  AND, I think we still have at least 2-3 more years of super competitiveness is we keep the cores of our teams together......USF is at a cross-roads.  They could join the Tampa Bay feel good party and ride the coat tails of the Winning teams here, OR become less and less relevant than ever before.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

What exactly are you smoking?  If so pass it please!

Like it or not PUC, this city is now known as Champa Bay!  The Bulls need to decide if they are going to jump on the Bandwagon and put in the necessary resources to be even anywhere close to relevancy in this town.

Now this is not going to last forever, these things are cyclical especially in a relatively smaller market like Tampa Bay.  We will suck again.  But right now, lets fully enjoy what we have while we have it.  AND, I think we still have at least 2-3 more years of super competitiveness is we keep the cores of our teams together......USF is at a cross-roads.  They could join the Tampa Bay feel good party and ride the coat tails of the Winning teams here, OR become less and less relevant than ever before.

I think I’ve already established that I do not like it. Much like the myth of package deals there is nothing that any other teams success actually brings to our lives and if anything they detract from it. Athletics much like the sports they contain are a zero sum game and anyone else’s success comes at the expense of another’s failure. There are only so many expendable dollars to be had, hours to provide coverage, conversions about sports and columns to be written. I want them all, **** the rest of the Tampa bay sports world.

Guest Jonesy Bull
45 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think I’ve already established that I do not like it. Much like the myth of package deals there is nothing that any other teams success actually brings to our lives and if anything they detract from it. Athletics much like the sports they contain are a zero sum game and anyone else’s success comes at the expense of another’s failure. There are only so many expendable dollars to be had, hours to provide coverage, conversions about sports and columns to be written. I want them all, **** the rest of the Tampa bay sports world.

As I think most of the rest of the Tampa Sports world would probably think the same about you, or could care less for that matter

Don't get me wrong, I  LOVE USF, and want nothing more for us to be in the big time college landscape of Football and Basketball.  Unfortunately, we are not, maybe we will one day and I will take great joy in it, just as I am with my beloved Tampa Pro sports teams.  

When you put all your eggs in one basket, you have a greater chance of being dissappointed and potentially miserable.  Sports is a distraction, an outlet to our daily lives, and you either love it or find something else that you passionate about that makes you happy.......To toil in the hope of other teams failure because you think somehow that directly or indirectly affects the team you truly love, seems like a waste of time and energy and many times creates more unhappiness.....Life is short dude, learn to live and love a little bit more.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

As I think most of the rest of the Tampa Sports world would probably think the same about you, or could care less for that matter

Don't get me wrong, I  LOVE USF, and want nothing more for us to be in the big time college landscape of Football and Basketball.  Unfortunately, we are not, maybe we will one day and I will take great joy in it, just as I am with my beloved Tampa Pro sports teams.  

When you put all your eggs in one basket, you have a greater chance of being dissappointed and potentially miserable.  Sports is a distraction, an outlet to our daily lives, and you either love it or find something else that you passionate about that makes you happy.......To toil in the hope of other teams failure because you think somehow that directly or indirectly affects the team you truly love, seems like a waste of time and energy and many times creates more unhappiness.....Life is short dude, learn to live and love a little bit more.

I didn’t say I didn’t have a more diversified portfolio of fandom, I just don’t like any of the Tampa teams and I do not see how their success in any way positively impacts USF.

Guest SittingBull
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

****...that’s hardcore. I heard that happen a lot in NY when they had three teams eons ago. 

I went to many games at Yankee Stadium, Ebbets Field ( one of the best ballparks to see a game) and The Polo Grounds.  I was a Red Sox fan, but most of my friends were Yankee, Dodger, or Giant fans, like their fathers and grandfathers,   Can’t recall any ever switching from one to the other, except possibly when the Giants and Dodgers abandoned them, and went to California.  I imagine some became Mets fans when they arrived on the scene.

I was to one game at the Trop about 35 years ago,  you couldn’t pay me to go to another MLB game.

Edited by SittingBull

Guest Jonesy Bull
48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I didn’t say I didn’t have a more diversified portfolio of fandom, I just don’t like any of the Tampa teams and I do not see how their success in any way positively impacts USF.

I guess it depends on the University culture, how much they value athletics, and the type of player you recruit more than anything else.  Some kids would prefer to be in a small town University where College Sports are the only game in town and College life rules.  Others would prefer the City life, the bright lights and where there are lots of things to do including attending Pro Sporting events.

UCLA and USC come to mind as teams that do pretty well and are pretty popular in the big City of L.A.  Last I checked, they have every sports imaginable and there are lots and lots to do there.

Other schools like the ones located in Champagne, IL or Corvallis, OR.......don't seem to do very well almost ever.

Not sure how much your argument holds water.  The Miami Hurricanes were super popular for a long time when they were really good, and that's Miami......not Tampa.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, SittingBull said:

I went to many games at Yankee Stadium, Ebbets Field ( one of the best ballparks to see a game) and The Polo Grounds.  I was a Red Sox fan, but most of my friends were Yankee, Dodger, or Giant fans.  Can’t recall any ever switching from one to the other, except possibly when the Giants and Dodgers abandoned them, and went to California.  I imagine some became Mets fans when they arrived on the scene.

My step father, born and bread New Yorker,  told me it did happen especially by boys to get back at their dad. Perhaps it was just pushing them back a bit and not being too serious. As he told me most Dodger and Giant fans did become Mets fans (as that was the reason the Mets took Dodger Blue and Giants Orange). I don’t think they could switch allegiances to the Yankees without being sick. Shea Stadium was actually on the site that the government wanted Rickey to build the new Dodger park but we know how that worked out. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

If you look at history, the Bucs and Lightning won championships before USF mania took over the city.  Maybe this will happen again?  Maybe there is a mystical sports vortex energy thing (portal) over Tampa Bay.