• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back to the computers?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I would start with upgrading the marketing budget. A LOT! As is there are pitifully few that have any idea about USF sports at USF, much less throughout the Bay Area. With that I believe donations would increase to where we could actually build the IPF. Next I would seriously search for financing for an OCS. Set a date! Again, marketing. EVERY tv, radio, print, and social media should be hit with something USF every day. Hell, right now we don’t even use some of the FREE media available.

I’m sure there’s more. And next up will be all the poor excuses not to, which is why I’m probably wasting my time even thinking about any of this.

You and I both know you need money to market and they are furloughing and laying people off.  OCS?  Let's get the IPF first.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You and I both know you need money to market and they are furloughing and laying people off.  OCS?  Let's get the IPF first.  

Hence- All in. 
I know the financial problems right now. That doesn’t change the mindset IF USF ever wants to be relevant in college sports.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,526
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

You and I both know you need money to market and they are furloughing and laying people off.

Yet some say they're going to withhold support until we start winning again ..... smh.

9 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Hence- All in. 
I know the financial problems right now. That doesn’t change the mindset IF USF ever wants to be relevant in college sports.

We may be all in at this point.   Not saying it is sufficient to help get to whatever next level people think we should be at.  At some point people will have to accept where we are and enjoy sports for what they are.  

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We may be all in at this point.   Not saying it is sufficient to help get to whatever next level people think we should be at.  At some point people will have to accept where we are and enjoy sports for what they are.  

In terms of conference affiliation and playing on the G5 level this is spot on.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not having any big teams to follow growing up in NJ (Penn St & ND for Catholics were probably the "local" teams), I watched Princeton, Penn, Temple, Rutgers and other small time football colleges and was happy.  Pretty sure USF football is a step or two above that stuff.  

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not having any big teams to follow growing up in NJ (Penn St & ND for Catholics were probably the "local" teams), I watched Princeton, Penn, Temple, Rutgers and other small time football colleges and was happy.  Pretty sure USF football is a step or two above that stuff.  

Many of our “fans” will not have that same attitude. Hell most left after the BCS kicked us out. I still enjoy northeast football (especially the Ivy League)...the cold, running game, players out there for the love of the game...

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Many of our “fans” will not have that same attitude. Hell most left after the BCS kicked us out. I still enjoy northeast football (especially the Ivy League)...the cold, running game, players out there for the love of the game...

It was the same with basketball.  Ivy League games all seemed to be "rivalry" games.  Don't want to date myself but I remember Sen Bill Bradley playing for Princeton.  Believe they made it pretty far into the NIT or NCAA one year.  

It was the same with basketball.  Ivy League games all seemed to be "rivalry" games.  Don't want to date myself but I remember Sen Bill Bradley playing for Princeton.  Believe they made it pretty far into the NIT or NCAA one year.  

Yep, they made it to the final four. Most don’t remember that Penn made it to the final four in ‘79. But they had the bad luck of playing Magic Johnson and Michigan State. Total blow out after 10 mins in. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So are you suggesting that USF should just keep doing what they've been doing? I guess if "conference affiliation and playing on the G5 level" is where USF wants to be then I'll go back to my G5 playoff suggestion. IF USF wants to improve their image and exposure, then IMO, marketing is the first major step that should be taken.

You would be surprised at how many times I'm asked, because I wear a USF shirt almost everyday, "Is there a game today?" "How did their football team do this year?" "Is there something going on at USF?" etc.

We need someone that is young enough, dynamic enough, knows how to use todays technology, and cares enough about USF to actually make a difference.