• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Back to the computers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It might be, but that will be as much the year itself as regionalization of the sport.  Hopefully they expand the playoffs when the next TV deals come into play, but otherwise I don't think they care too much of a guy in Wesley Chapel, Fl or Frisco, TX or Vermont skip the game because they're still counting $$$$$ all the way to the bank

Vermont😂😂😂, he is in New Hampshire, of course what is the difference, it is all backwoods.  I think the 4 team playoff has run its course and they need to expand.  If they don’t they will start to lose viewership, more than just us 3😀.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Yet a significant part of the country will I suspect

Indeed, but I won’t be missing much. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

The sport of college football is an f’n joke:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Vermont😂😂😂, he is in New Hampshire, of course what is the difference, it is all backwoods.  I think the 4 team playoff has run its course and they need to expand.  If they don’t they will start to lose viewership, more than just us 3😀.

Same thing, they both fit in Wesley Chapel and Frisco  ....  🤣🤣

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The sport of college football is an f’n joke:

Does the NIT make money? Does the D2 in football? Why couldn’t the G5 have an 8 team football playoff? 

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Does the NIT make money? Does the D2 in football? Why couldn’t the G5 have an 8 team football playoff? 

The AAC WOULD NEVER agree to that. Once you make that move you can never come back. Once that happens the next step is to never be able to play a P5 program. By doing so you become the NIT and D2 all at the same time. You think attendance is bad now...I suspect you would lose tv dollars as well. The AAC just needs to keep marching forward. Public demand for an extended playoff that includes a guaranteed spot for the best G5 champ is becoming more likely when the CFP deal expires. Or, the conference can look for legal alternatives under the competitive clause of antitrust. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The AAC WOULD NEVER agree to that. Once you make that move you can never come back. Once that happens the next step is to never be able to play a P5 program. By doing so you become the NIT and D2 all at the same time. You think attendance is bad now...I suspect you would lose tv dollars as well. The AAC just needs to keep marching forward. Public demand for an extended playoff that includes a guaranteed spot for the best G5 champ is becoming more likely when the CFP deal expires. Or, the conference can look for legal alternatives under the competitive clause of antitrust. 

I personally don't see, EVER, a P6. Is there a possibility that ONE G5 gets invited to an expanded playoff? It's possible, but remember, they bumped Cincy to #9 just so they wouldn't be in the discussion. The P5 will fight tooth and nail to keep the P5 as is... Unless there's money to be made.

I just don't see that single G5 spot as an advantage to marketing the entire G5. 

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I personally don't see, EVER, a P6. Is there a possibility that ONE G5 gets invited to an expanded playoff? It's possible, but remember, they bumped Cincy to #9 just so they wouldn't be in the discussion. The P5 will fight tooth and nail to keep the P5 as is... Unless there's money to be made.

I just don't see that single G5 spot as an advantage to marketing the entire G5. 

If we become a G5 “League” in that capacity I will be done with USF football and I suspect others will follow. It will too easy for me just to watch FCS football up here in New Hampshire and get the same amount of satisfaction (or dissatisfaction if we are talking USF football). 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

The P5 will remain the P5 (or consolidate further to a P4). However, if the playoffs expand to 8 teams, then it becomes a lot harder to keep the top G5 from having any access to the playoff. The result is almost always going to be a #8 G5 team having to play against the #1 team in the nation, but at least it creates access and the potential for an upset. Right now, there is not access whatsoever. Aresco is right, we were better off with the BCS, but the P5 knew that and that is how we got the system we are currently stuck with. 

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If we become a G5 “League” in that capacity I will be done with USF football and I suspect others will follow. It will too easy for me just to watch FCS football up here in New Hampshire and get the same amount of satisfaction (or dissatisfaction if we are talking USF football). 

I'm a Tampa fan. Went to all of the home games for UT back in the day. Will follow and support the BULLS until I can't. I simply enjoy the college game.