• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I'd rather he make the mistake and learn from it now, and not when we are competing for bowl eligibility or a conference championship.

Very true 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Someone please archive this thread.

Can’t wait to read the “well, at the time...” comments from all the haters after we become a formidable team again under Scott’s guidance. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I agree that there is no way to fire him but I completely disagree that he should be given the expectation of being completely horrible for three years.

Has anybody here said they expect him to be completely horrible for three years .......... except maybe you?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Id be more worried if our coach was making some of these mistakes and had HC experience at college level he is learning also on the job the guy is a rookie HC there will be learning pains this season for him also.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Has anybody here said they expect him to be completely horrible for three years .......... except maybe you?

They may not have said horrible but they said 1 win, 3-4 wins and it all paying off at 6 wins in year 3. That by definition is horrible and should be grounds for termination, not an extension. He didn’t take on a winless team he took on an underachieving 4 win team and if the best he can do is take 3 years to get to where we should of been last season then he sucks and that has nothing to do with CCS and everything to do with him. I think he is pretty green and there is still hope for a turnaround but it needs to start sooner than later if anyone expects anybody to be there to see it.

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Id be more worried if our coach was making some of these mistakes and had HC experience at college level he is learning also on the job the guy is a rookie HC there will be learning pains this season for him also.

These are facts but while we have seen plenty of the mistakes it would be nice to at least see a few things that point to learning from them 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Makes you wonder who New Mexico State, UL-Monroe and Eastern Michigan haven't turned things around if that's all it took.

Michigan and New Mexico have less talent than Florida, while USF is in the AAC. It shouldn't be hard for a Florida school to recruit AAC level talent. 

That seemed like a pretty obvious rebuttal. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I agree that there is no way to fire him but I completely disagree that he should be given the expectation of being completely horrible for three years. We should expect more from him and he needs to know that he is completely failing and this is not okay.

Can you provide a link to this quote?

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

They may not have said horrible 

So the answer is no and I won't be getting that link ..... thanks

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Most people would objectively say 1 win 3-4 wins and 6 wins would be horrible and grounds for termination then there is a disconnect when they describe what they think would be a good job for CJS. CJS has taken a path of failure based every bit as much on his decisions as with the players he was left with by CCS. Every day it becomes more clear that there was in fact enough talent to compete in the AAC and once again the coaches are the missing component of that success. He has to do better and there is nothing wrong with having minimum expectations for someone in a position of power.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

You just wasted 30 seconds of your life Chapel 😂