• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CJS is not unique in any of the adversity he is facing

Maybe not completely unique but you're being intellectually dishonest if you're wanting us to believe that comparing his situation here to every other college football head coach is apples to apples. I'm sure there are other G5 programs that fired their head coach for incompetence and had to bring in a new one during this COVID Crisis. How does he compare to them?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Maybe not completely unique but you're being intellectually dishonest if you're wanting us to believe that comparing his situation here to every other college football head coach is apples to apples. I'm sure there are other G5 programs that fired their head coach for incompetence and had to bring in a new one during this COVID Crisis. How does he compare to them?

The most apples to apples comparison appears to be UTSA, they are better off now and are .500 having gone .333 last season. Apparently no one told their staff it was impossible to deliver on the better you were hired to do.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

59 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The most apples to apples comparison appears to be UTSA, they are better off now and are .500 having gone .333 last season. Apparently no one told their staff it was impossible to deliver on the better you were hired to do.

Keep this example. It gives a smidgen of credibility to your ravings..... although they're still pretty meaningless.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cjs gets a total pass and should have a year added on to his contract

he needs 3 recruiting classes to turn us around

anyone that is serious about firing him really doesnt understand the situation or know much about building anything

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Keep this example. It gives a smidgen of credibility to your ravings..... although they're still pretty meaningless.

I actually didn’t cherry pick this example and I fully expected to come back with he had more losses than all the other coaches combined because to my recollection most of the comparable situations were not playing this season. That being said this is as comparable of a situation as could exist and they have improved while we have drastically declined, that’s not okay and CJS could and should do better and ought to be held accountable for the part he has played in this season of complete failure.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

We would have easily won the last two games if we had anything that resembled a defensive line. It is painful watching them get absolutely no pressure on the QB.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Unfortunately, this season is playing out exactly as anyone thinking logically should have expected.  I don't think you can garner any information of value in assessing our future by watching the performance on the field in 2020.  It reminds me a bit of Coach Gregory's first year.   I just wish I had at least the same kind of optimism for the future of football a I do for basketball.  And I ain't expecting us to be world beaters on the court this year either.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

So have we fired our 1st year head coach, who was left with zero talent, couldn't properly recruit, train, mentor, and work with his staff due to a pandemic?

Asking for a friend 

12 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

So have we fired our 1st year head coach, who was left with zero talent, couldn't properly recruit, train, mentor, and work with his staff due to a pandemic?

Asking for a friend 

No one actually wants to fire Jeff Scott or thinks it is actually feasible, they just want him to do better than CCS which apparently is too much to ask so how about at least as well as CCS?