• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Cincy being in the top 10...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

That means our 5 losses are as follows:

2 against top 10 teams (ND, 4; Cincy 6)

A Tulsa team that is 3-0 in conference

A bad 2 pt conversion play call against Temple

The only real head scratcher is ECU but weren't we out 11 people?

I don't like being 1-5 any more than anyone else but that's some good context for this year. 

UCF, Memphis, and Navy are hopefully good shots to turn it around. They seem beatable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Good post about the teams we have played but you forgot one part - we suck. We aren't winning again until 2021 at the earliest.

stephen king hope GIF

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

UCF (4-2), Memphis (3-2)  & Navy (3-4) seem beatable? By USF? Not sure I agree with that unless we're using hope/luck as a factor...regardless of what Morgan Freeman thinks.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Everyone saying this team doesn’t have the talent to win a single FBS game this season really needs to explain how we managed to have the talent to beat the now ranked #9 team roughly one year ago

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

In case you didn't notice, rosters change from one year to another. Behind a QB playing his second game BYU blew a 9-point 4th quarter lead. Their last 4 possessions went:

• FUMBLE at the BYU 38 - giving USF a short field
  • MISSED FG at the USF 22
  • TURNOVER ON DOWNS at the USF 10
  • TURNOVER ON DOWNS at the USF 20

So to answer your question, the defense bent like a Chinese gymnast but didn't break.

So a roster can change dynamically bad for us in one season and dynamically great for another team in one season but a coach that comes here can’t expect to have any positive impact for three seasons? The facts remain that our talent was not that bad last season, it did not fall that much this season and it does not take three years to improve a college football program that should have been .500 the year before you got here. Apparently you can actually take them to #9 in the country and even do so while being independent and not in the worst conference to be a member of in all of college football.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

In case you didn't notice, rosters change from one year to another. Behind a QB playing his second game BYU blew a 9-point 4th quarter lead. Their last 4 possessions went:

• FUMBLE at the BYU 38 - giving USF a short field
  • MISSED FG at the USF 22
  • TURNOVER ON DOWNS at the USF 10
  • TURNOVER ON DOWNS at the USF 20

So to answer your question, the defense bent like a Chinese gymnast but didn't break.

Your first sentence is key. How many players do they have that started in last year’s game that started this weekend? I don’t know but you are correct depth and positions change season to season. BYU is a smash mouth team this year...last year they seemed more finesse. 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

I think your argument and expectation that CJS should be winning with players that CCS went 4-8 with, has pretty much been debunked.

He should absolutely be winning more than 1 FCS game with them, the only reason people have lowered their expectations to the indefensibly low standard that CJS has delivered thus far is because they have to and not because it holds up to any scrutiny, critical thought or their expectation coming into the season. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

20 hours ago, hm101 said:

That means our 5 losses are as follows:

2 against top 10 teams (ND, 4; Cincy 6)

A Tulsa team that is 3-0 in conference

A bad 2 pt conversion play call against Temple

The only real head scratcher is ECU but weren't we out 11 people?

I don't like being 1-5 any more than anyone else but that's some good context for this year. 

UCF, Memphis, and Navy are hopefully good shots to turn it around. They seem beatable.

An upbeat logic. Now, if we could just win a couple games in conference that would prob make it an ok season. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

at this point i am rooting for BYU and/or Cincinnati to make the playoffs just to piss off c. fans.

• Upvote 1