• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

With Cincy being in the top 10...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

48 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I've watched 3 BYU games. Their QB is freaking awesome. I cant believe we beat this team last year. 

Good read.

AP20277181528294.jpg

Wilson’s record performances this season underscore a plan of hard work, exactness in goals, and plenty of help around him.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2020 at 7:00 PM, puc86 said:

He should absolutely be winning more than 1 FCS game with them, the only reason people have lowered their expectations to the indefensibly low standard that CJS has delivered thus far is because they have to and not because it holds up to any scrutiny, critical thought or their expectation coming into the season. 

This team is terrible. Very few quality players. Whether you read them or not I would suggest reading this linked article. It explains clearly why USF football is in the shape it is. This is not Jeff Scott's doing. Other than a few play calls here and there I don't see where this coaching staff is failing (yet). 

Our defense is TINY. They cant get pressure on the QB.  They get run over. The DB's struggle in coverage because the QB can grab a beer and eat a sandwich before he decides to throw the football. The best D-lineman is an FCS transfer!!

Our offense is not good. That starts with the offensive line, which is subpar. There is a lack of size at the RB position..so much so they had to convert a recruited DB to running back for some size back there. The QB play has not been good. 

I see these guys getting physically dominated. How do you overcome that? Tulsa has a LB that is 6'4" 260..THAT IS BIGGER THAN MOST OF OUR DE'S. Our LB's are between 210 and 225 I believe. They were smaller than several RB's they have faced this year.

So to think this staff (who has never coached together before) should have been able to take this team and do better than 4-8 with a MUCH TOUGHER schedule, no spring football, no in person meetings until fall, no in person workouts with S&C, abbreviated fall camp with minimal contact, players missing every week due to COVID, is nonsense. 

Even your messiah Jim Leavitt would look like crap with this bunch. 

BTW this is the article I mentioned at the top of my post. This is reason #1 why we are in the position we are.

127764089.jpg.jpg

Another deep dive into USF recruiting history.

Edited by BiggTipp

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

This team is terrible. Very few quality players. Whether you read them or not I would suggest reading this linked article. It explains clearly why USF football is in the shape it is. This is not Jeff Scott's doing. Other than a few play calls here and there I don't see where this coaching staff is failing (yet). 

Our defense is TINY. They cant get pressure on the QB.  They get run over. The DB's struggle in coverage because the QB can grab a beer and eat a sandwich before he decides to throw the football. The best D-lineman is an FCS transfer!!

Our offense is not good. That starts with the offensive line, which is subpar. There is a lack of size at the RB position..so much so they had to convert a recruited DB to running back for some size back there. The QB play has not been good. 

I see these guys getting physically dominated. How do you overcome that? Tulsa has a LB that is 6'4" 260..THAT IS BIGGER THAN MOST OF OUR DE'S. Our LB's are between 210 and 225 I believe. They were smaller than several RB's they have faced this year.

So to think this staff (who has never coached together before) should have been able to take this team and do better than 4-8 with a MUCH TOUGHER schedule, no spring football, no in person meetings until fall, no in person workouts with S&C, abbreviated fall camp with minimal contact, players missing every week due to COVID, is nonsense. 

Even your messiah Jim Leavitt would look like crap with this bunch. 

BTW this is the article I mentioned at the top of my post. This is reason #1 why we are in the position we are.

127764089.jpg.jpg

Another deep dive into USF recruiting history.

No one disagrees that our current roster is not going to allow anyone to go undefeated what I take umbrage with is that it’s not talented enough to go .500 in the AAC and that it was completely decimated in a single season but that it will take three seasons to get back to where it started. The current talent level was able to beat the number 9 team in the country one year ago  and if that much can change in a single season it would be nice to see our current coach get on the positive side of that change instead of seeing how far we can plummet.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one disagrees that our current roster is not going to allow anyone to go undefeated what I take umbrage with is that it’s not talented enough to go .500 in the AAC and that it was completely decimated in a single season but that it will take three seasons to get back to where it started. The current talent level was able to beat the number 9 team in the country one year ago  and if that much can change in a single season it would be nice to see our current coach get on the positive side of that change instead of seeing how far we can plummet.

CCS left us with a roster that is not good enough to compete in the AAC.

Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Couple of things.  We'll know shortly if they are talented enough to go .500 in conference.

If we're talking BYU I don't think the #9 team in the country this year was #9 last year and if they were when we played them that's like saying Coastal Carolina is the 18th best team in the country.  

9 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

CCS left us with a roster that is not good enough to compete in the AAC.

Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

Except that despite results it’s not that far off from where it was and the options CJS brought in to sure up his roster have not contributed, these are the inconvenient facts. CJS’ reign here has been a complete and utter failure and he and his crew have directly contributed to going defeated in FBS football this year. There is plenty of blame to go around in failing this poorly and CJS and the FAU crew need to turn things around a smidge faster than in 3 years because they have demonstrated that it’s really quite easy to be impactful in a single season, now do it the other way. Losing is not okay and they came in to do better than the staff that got fired, which should be simple, so get to it. There isn’t a single positive to be pointed to from this staff and not a single person would be able to honestly say that USF football is better off today than it was a year ago, that’s sad.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Except that despite results it’s not that far off from where it was and the options CJS brought in to sure up his roster have not contributed, these are the inconvenient facts. CJS’ reign here has been a complete and utter failure and he and his crew have directly contributed to going defeated in FBS football this year. There is plenty of blame to go around in failing this poorly and CJS and the FAU crew need to turn things around a smidge faster than in 3 years because they have demonstrated that it’s really quite easy to be impactful in a single season, now do it the other way. Losing is not okay and they came in to do better than the staff that got fired, which should be simple, so get to it. There isn’t a single positive to be pointed to from this staff and not a single person would be able to honestly say that USF football is better off today than it was a year ago, that’s sad.

I got one.  It isn't CCS.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Couple of things.  We'll know shortly if they are talented enough to go .500 in conference.

If we're talking BYU I don't think the #9 team in the country this year was #9 last year and if they were when we played them that's like saying Coastal Carolina is the 18th best team in the country.  

Fair enough but I’m more concerned with the fact that we are bottom 9, we do not have bottom 9 talent as much as we do not have top 9 and if we do we are in trouble for the long haul because CJS isn’t tracking markedly better.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Fair enough but I’m more concerned with the fact that we are bottom 9, we do not have bottom 9 talent as much as we do not have top 9 and if we do we are in trouble for the long haul because CJS isn’t tracking markedly better.

We are what our record says we are.  If that is bottom 9 then we have bottom 9 talent. Now excuse me while my wife whips me into washing some floors.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Leading rusher vs BYU last year

Cronkrite 26 carries 158 yards 2 TDs

Leading receiver

Wilcox 52 yards 1 TD

Both gone.

We returned a RB that had 2 carries for -1 yard and three receivers who had 3 catches for 17 yards total in that game.

so skill position players that returned accounted for a total of 16 yards of offense in that game.