• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS "McCloud is the starter going forward"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

37 yard pass to our Mitch Wilcox clone was pretty sweet but I'm not sure why something exceptional needs to be done to give him credit for a td drive ....

I would argue that all of our td drives this season have been exceptional 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would argue that all of our td drives this season have been exceptional 

No argument here ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t even look forward to Our game coming anymore. You cannot make a rational case that mccloud would start at any other team in our conference. I have given up caring about it right now because im over the frustration of thinking we can be better and magically play like the usf i know.  Re watching grothe, q, and mack dominate. I won’t blame jeff scott until he gets his people and has time. So jeff you have this season 1-9 (we will lose to navy) and next season (4-8) to point us in right direction. Year 3 we have to see a huge improvement. 6-6 is not an acceptable season. We need to be 8-4,9-3,10-2 in year 3 to be acceptable in my opinion but im giving him a shot. I just can’t put any emotion in to the games and get beat up anymore. 

• Like 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, Mango028 said:

I don’t even look forward to Our game coming anymore. You cannot make a rational case that mccloud would start at any other team in our conference. I have given up caring about it right now because im over the frustration of thinking we can be better and magically play like the usf i know.  Re watching grothe, q, and mack dominate. I won’t blame jeff scott until he gets his people and has time. So jeff you have this season 1-9 (we will lose to navy) and next season (4-8) to point us in right direction. Year 3 we have to see a huge improvement. 6-6 is not an acceptable season. We need to be 8-4,9-3,10-2 in year 3 to be acceptable in my opinion but im giving him a shot. I just can’t put any emotion in to the games and get beat up anymore. 

Its impossible to not put in your emotion in if you are a true fan.  So be prepared to be beat up some more.

But unlike alot of Negative Nancys on here, I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  We will be good again and end up winning a CC.  It will be just that much sweeter when it happens.

Im a Tampa Bay fan too as everybody knows.  I know all about waiting and suffering.  Nothing lasts forever.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its impossible to not put in your emotion in if you are a true fan.  So be prepared to be beat up some more.

But unlike alot of Negative Nancys on here, I see a light at the end of the tunnel.  We will be good again and end up winning a CC.  It will be just that much sweeter when it happens.

Im a Tampa Bay fan too as everybody knows.  I know all about waiting and suffering.  Nothing lasts forever.

What about cold November Rain?

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What about cold November Rain?

I was going to say - Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and Sky.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I was going to say - Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and Sky.

Nothing lasts forever Jonesy even Cold November Rain
november rain GIF by Guns N' Roses

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If Fortin isn't injured, this is coaching malpractice to not give him a game.

Uninformed statement.  The coaches have seen McCloud and Fortin every single day this year.  You haven't.  Period, end of story.  And the coaches believe McCloud is better.  Do they not know how to do their jobs?  Do they not know how to evaluate talent?  Are they purposely trying to play their worst players?  Are they trying to lose games so they get fired and lose their salaries?

No.  They are playing the best players they have.  Period, end of story.  You have never been a coach.  You play the best players you have.  Unless there are other issues such as attitude or effort.  

The coaches have evaluated the QB's more than any person on this board, and have determined McCloud is better than Fortin.  Period.  What don't you get about that.  Do you think they are trying to lose their jobs?

They need to recruit better QB's.  No argument there.  But coaches play the best players they have, all things being equal.  At every level of competition.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Mango028 said:

I think you need to look at it from a different perspective. Yes, wins and loses are important but so is development. I have now decided to look at this as our expansion year. We are indeed starting from scratch. I want to see the players get better and make a push next year. By year three we are a 6 or 7 win team. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I didn't know where to put this but, the decide wheel that @Brad put in the sidebar of the home page just made me lol in the middle of class, causing numerous crazy looks from prepubescent teens. Mine said Fortin.