• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS "McCloud is the starter going forward"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There is nothing at all to substantiate that belief...

Correct.  Like most conjecture/opinion/bs on this site revolving around numerous subjects. However, and I will add a bit of a disclaimer here( I dont think/hope that CJS is way way above that type of thing) He did go on quite a bit in the beginning in an interview how close he was to the McC family due to his coaching RRMc. He's known JMc since he was a little kid, etc. Thus, when a post mentions "emotional attachment" it appears that my thought isn't mine alone. I just expanded on it..since I dont bash people/topics on here my post just addressed a poss elephant in the room. Say again, I think CJS is bigger than that kind of favored treatment but..................still a big question of our QB situation?? If JMc gets chased around( he carries the ball terribly when running-thus fumble) and poo's the bed at Temple..we shall see what transpires. If he is more improved than the ECU game maybe he is getting better?? I think this game will be the telltale.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Correct.  Like most conjecture/opinion/bs on this site revolving around numerous subjects. However, and I will add a bit of a disclaimer here( I dont think/hope that CJS is way way above that type of thing) He did go on quite a bit in the beginning in an interview how close he was to the McC family due to his coaching RRMc. He's known JMc since he was a little kid, etc. Thus, when a post mentions "emotional attachment" it appears that my thought isn't mine alone. I just expanded on it..since I dont bash people/topics on here my post just addressed a poss elephant in the room. Say again, I think CJS is bigger than that kind of favored treatment but..................still a big question of our QB situation?? If JMc gets chased around( he carries the ball terribly when running-thus fumble) and poo's the bed at Temple..we shall see what transpires. If he is more improved than the ECU game maybe he is getting better?? I think this game will be the telltale.    

But of course many are under the delusion that a better QB is on the bench. Cade has not been good at practice and that is why he is not playing...that simple. As for the other guys, if they were good enough they would play. Scott is not going to start someone just because he knows their mama, daddy, and brother well. He wants to win. At the same time I am sure he already knows that McC is not the answer but he is the best we got right now. Like most positions on this team there little talent. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But of course many are under the delusion that a better QB is on the bench. Cade has not been good at practice and that is why he is not playing...that simple. As for the other guys, if they were good enough they would play. Scott is not going to start someone just because he knows their mama, daddy, and brother well. He wants to win. At the same time I am sure he already knows that McC is not the answer but he is the best we got right now. Like most positions on this team there little talent. 

Given no extenuating circumstances I am always of the opinion that coaches put the players on the field that they believe put them in the best position to win (why would anyone not want to take their tenure just to spite the fans?). When a team is failing the backup QB is always the favorite up until they become the starter (see McCloud as the perfect example).

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Most starting QB's work their way up over 2-3 years to get ready to be named the starter. McC was thrown into the mix last year because he was all there was after Barnett retired. I think he tried his best and did what he could based upon the O and coaching situation he was in. Weve watched good almost great QB's. Their talent gives them the ability to overcome neg situations on the field and make a play. When CJS brought in NJ and CF it appeared his design was to have experience come in and help us be competitive right out the gate. I still want to know how an experienced guy is so bad at practice he gets no playing time?? If lazy? Ok I can see how that would push him down the roster. If NJ has this year plus another year wouldnt that allow you to use this guy and phase in a younger guy in over the season? Since you have 2 second year players and 2 freshman in the wings. But anyway...of course all this commentary is just some "wonder why" ramblings since it has no bearing on anything except..exchange of idea's, thoughts, brain farts, etc..    

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Given no extenuating circumstances I am always of the opinion that coaches put the players on the field that they believe put them in the best position to win (why would anyone not want to take their tenure just to spite the fans?). When a team is failing the backup QB is always the favorite up until they become the starter (see McCloud as the perfect example).

Agreed...if this guy wants a P5 job at some point wins not friends is what matters...otherwise he will have to put his tail between his legs and shuffle back to Clemson.

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed...if this guy wants a P5 job at some point wins not friends is what matters...otherwise he will have to put his tail between his legs and shuffle back to Clemson.

I imagine that CJS would rather be doing something else to try and win a game besides promoting his QB pick to press and fan's. The life of a D-1 coach. He is prob explaining more this season because of how terrible the past 2 seasons were. Then, you field a team that looks much like last years team so...of course the fan's get restless. Personally, I watch JMc play but I see little change in him. I think he plays flustered. When he ran the ball he carried the **** thing like a peewee player would and...yep, fumble. That's a basic thing that a D1 QB should do w/o thinking. Yes, he stood in the pocket better and took some hits but I think he shy's from hits. One game w/ ECU qb Ayer's our D got after him time and again and you watched the kids play get worse, we won.  I was hoping we would do that this game but.....eh?  Oh well...... back to the QB worries...🥴  We shall see how he looks at Temple..hopefully good  

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

I imagine that CJS would rather be doing something else to try and win a game besides promoting his QB pick to press and fan's. The life of a D-1 coach. He is prob explaining more this season because of how terrible the past 2 seasons were. Then, you field a team that looks much like last years team so...of course the fan's get restless. Personally, I watch JMc play but I see little change in him. I think he plays flustered. When he ran the ball he carried the **** thing like a peewee player would and...yep, fumble. That's a basic thing that a D1 QB should do w/o thinking. Yes, he stood in the pocket better and took some hits but I think he shy's from hits. One game w/ ECU qb Ayer's our D got after him time and again and you watched the kids play get worse, we won.  I was hoping we would do that this game but.....eh?  Oh well...... back to the QB worries...🥴  We shall see how he looks at Temple..hopefully good  

And this is why I say that USF’s best QB is still playing high school somewhere...Scott needs to go get him and right soon. 

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is why I say that USF’s best QB is still playing high school somewhere...Scott needs to go get him and right soon. 

Hopefully our future has been born already....??    

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

JMc reminds me of Jameis Winston.  Has the physical skills and probably practices well but panics in the game and make poor decisions or none at all.  Maybe this will change with time and confidence.  Maybe being named starter and getting more reps in practice will help his confidence and mental acuity.  Or maybe not..... only time will tell....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, 94 Bull said:

JMc reminds me of Jameis Winston.  Has the physical skills and probably practices well but panics in the game and make poor decisions or none at all.  Maybe this will change with time and confidence.  Maybe being named starter and getting more reps in practice will help his confidence and mental acuity.  Or maybe not..... only time will tell....

There is no rational human being on the planet that can look at JMc play and find any comparison to Jameis Winston, former National Championship winner. I very much assume you are referring to JMc ability to eat crab legs or say dumb **** or something else completely unrelated to football. I would bet Puc's mom throws a tighter spiral than JMc. 

• Upvote 1