• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

It’s okay to swear at this stage Ricky. Hell, numerous studies show it’s actually beneficial to curse and not bottle it up. If not now, when?!

this sucks no good GIF

Did plenty of that at the game. The mask helped prevent the little kids 2 rows in front of me from hearing it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did plenty of that at the game. The mask helped prevent the little kids 2 rows in front of me from hearing it.

USF games are actually where little kids learn their first swear words.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

45 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

USF games are actually where little kids learn their first swear words.

I'm imagining a generation of kids screaming "Charlie Strong" at others on the playground as an expletive.

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

We all need to embrace  Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man.  For those a bit young not the wrestler but the 70's television series. 

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

12 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

We all need to embrace  Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man.  For those a bit young not the wrestler but the 70's television series. 

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic man. Steve Austin will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...stronger...faster."

Ah, they don't make them like that any more. Any chance we can get McCloud one of those bionic arms?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144

I only read the first 4 pages of comments on this thread so not sure if the sentiment changed...but wow talk about overreacting. Drop down to FCS? Cancel the program? You guys do know that we pull recruits from the state of FLORIDA right and often all it takes is ONE player to turn a program around, i.e. Flowers?

And how about the fact that we just hired a super promising young coach who can recruit like a beast? Can we give him more than 4 games with the mess that our last “coach” left us?

I mean the guy inherited a locker room with very little talent and even less leadership. Bottom line our previous coach was toxic and I hope that some of you all can remember that and be a little realistic and stop panicking.

Edited by USFStPete
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Sounds like you have a CJS chub.

Animated GIF

Nope just realistic about where we stand as a program and the future value of our coach 

8 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

Nope just realistic about where we stand as a program and the future value of our coach 

For everyone's sake, I hope you are right.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

Saturday night was depressing on every level. I have to assume that we didn't even hit the reduced capacity level. The vibe in the stands was terrible...I saw very few students. There was piped-in crowd noise...it was very annoying. No tailgating is just eerie. Concession options were poor to very poor...no alcohol was crazy. I don't need to get hammered at a game but enjoying a beer certainly adds to the experience. I guess the band and these weird people dancing in front of them were always less attractive, but I definitely noticed how large they have become. I don't know why we need large, unattractive people dancing in front of the band but that group being spotlit in the front row certainly doesn't scream 'come to USF' which I imagine is something we want people to do. The band was wearing t-shirts and just looked sloppy/apathetic. Bands have cool uniforms...no idea why they wouldn't wear them. I think I have noticed this before as well and someone said it was too hot...seems like a lot of whining and is very weak. The Sun Dolls had a pre-recorded dance thing...it was also quite sad. All in all, it was terribly depressing and I am still rather miserable about it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mj796 said:

Saturday night was depressing on every level. I have to assume that we didn't even hit the reduced capacity level. The vibe in the stands was terrible...I saw very few students. There was piped-in crowd noise...it was very annoying. No tailgating is just eerie. Concession options were poor to very poor...no alcohol was crazy. I don't need to get hammered at a game but enjoying a beer certainly adds to the experience. I guess the band and these weird people dancing in front of them were always less attractive, but I definitely noticed how large they have become. I don't know why we need large, unattractive people dancing in front of the band but that group being spotlit in the front row certainly doesn't scream 'come to USF' which I imagine is something we want people to do. The band was wearing t-shirts and just looked sloppy/apathetic. Bands have cool uniforms...no idea why they wouldn't wear them. I think I have noticed this before as well and someone said it was too hot...seems like a lot of whining and is very weak. The Sun Dolls had a pre-recorded dance thing...it was also quite sad. All in all, it was terribly depressing and I am still rather miserable about it. 

Your post begs the important question of "Who is setting the bar at USF?" I think academically, most will agree that the bar has been raised and the university has earned and now benefits from the pre-eminence status, that began with the university raising the bar.

For athletics the answer to that question echoes a more nebulous answer. The administration caught lightning in a bottle with CJL and Selmon, and never capitalized on the momentum generated by football in the 2000's by investing in its future growth. Ever since the untimely and sad departure of these local heroes from the university, USF has paraded in a series of carpet-baggers with little-to-no ties to the community who are solely interested in cashing checks.

So again, I ask, who is setting he bar for USF athletics? Or are we lowering the bar to match the university's financial investment?