• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

USF isn't going to voluntarily leave the AAC (Uconn will show us why that's an awful idea). If kicked out, the MAC and Sunbelt membership would be pursued followed by D-1 independence and FCS. Unless we have an instant FCS playoff team(we don't and our recruiting would get worse than it already is) FCS membership leads us to play at the soccer field in front of 1500 fans for a year or two before they shut the whole thing down. Win or die in the AAC is the only option. We are not going to become the new North Dakota State Bisons. Maybe we model our comeback on the mighty Coastal Carolina Chanticleers of the Sunbelt. I heard somewhere they are a team on the rise. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

And he was a whisker away of not being the starter. Then came Cuse. 

You're getting your myths mixed up. CWT was a whisker away from getting fired and then came Cuse .... and then Harlan drew up a new offense on a cocktail napkin and gave it to Willie to implement in a week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Coaches bring in those types of athletes with the promise of letting them take a shot at qb and sometimes they are more honest about that than others but I’m sure that was the moment the sky parted and CWT saw that he was dead wrong about his deeply held convictions and was going to develop the Gulf Coast offense post haste.

Right, and he specifically mentions Q in a preseason presser his first year, about not sleeping on him as playing qb, just to keep stringing Flowers along until he could convince him to switch positions ...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

5 minutes ago, pascobull said:

USF isn't going to voluntarily leave the AAC (Uconn will show us why that's an awful idea). If kicked out, the MAC and Sunbelt membership would be pursued followed by D-1 independence and FCS. Unless we have an instant FCS playoff team(we don't and our recruiting would get worse than it already is) FCS membership leads us to play at the soccer field in front of 1500 fans for a year or two before they shut the whole thing down. Win or die in the AAC is the only option. We are not going to become the new North Dakota State Bisons. Maybe we model our comeback on the mighty Coastal Carolina Chanticleers of the Sunbelt. I heard somewhere they are a team on the rise. 

Hey! Its the first rational counter argument. Thanks pascobull! Unfortunately if your only choices are win or die in the AAC, I think death is the likely outcome.

34 minutes ago, gullibull said:

Well right now this coach is a disaster. I can name 10 coaches we could have hired that would not have let last night happen. There is literally no excuse period. Our players are bad but they are not that bad. Hopefully our coach grows into the position. Co-offensive coordinator is not head coach. 

I too think that being a "Co-offensive coordinator" is an inflated title for an assistant and that Scott will need a year to grow into this job. I don't think he was prepared for this then again CWT was ill prepared for the USF job too for two long years.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're getting your myths mixed up. CWT was a whisker away from getting fired and then came Cuse .... and then Harlan drew up a new offense on a cocktail napkin and gave it to Willie to implement in a week.

I heard it was a midnight call from Jim Leavitt where it was decided to keep Q as the starter? ****! 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

12 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We are a FBS team filled with mostly FCS talent.  Till Scott purges atleast over half this roster we will suck.

It's that simple, ugly and unfortunate. CCS cost us 5-7 years.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, pascobull said:

I too think that being a "Co-offensive coordinator" is an inflated title for an assistant and that Scott will need a year to grow into this job. I don't think he was prepared for this then again CWT was ill prepared for the USF job too for two long years.  

Excellent point Pasco. There is always a transition to head coach responsibilities. That is why some like the HC experience route. Leavitt was the last guy we did this with. 

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

It's that simple, ugly and unfortunate. CCS cost us 5-7 years.

Yes sir that is correct! 

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Hey! Its the first rational counter argument. Thanks pascobull! Unfortunately if your only choices are win or die in the AAC, I think death is the likely outcome.

If i had to bet with my own money...I say death also. Scott will have to recruit like CWT to survive. I'm still stunned Willy was able to get M Mack and D Johnson in the same 2014 class. That saved us from being dead already. We need another M Mack savior and he did save us as much as Q Flowers.

• Upvote 1