• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football is Dead. RIP 1997-2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

Ugh, same thing applies as did the past few weeks. Yes, I expected a win today. Yes, I am disappointed. But former CCS really left us with less in the cupboard than CSH did. Declaring the death of the program is pathetic, hyperbolic, and barely worth acknowledgement. GTFO with your toxicity. We suck. Chop down rebuilds are always hard years and processes. It will take time, and we don't need your poor fansmanship dragging the rest of us down after tough losses.

Only ESPN, Pitt and the P5 putting the walls up at that time did more to destroy USF football than CCS did. And it's close. CCS literally stole our money.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11,434
  • Days Won:  49

2 minutes ago, pascobull said:

If i had to bet with my own money...I say death also. Scott will have to recruit like CWT to survive. I'm still stunned Willy was able to get M Mack and D Johnson in the same 2014 class. That saved us from being dead already. We need another M Mack savior and he did save us as much as Q Flowers.

My concern is even if CJS recruits and develops players there is still no path to the CFP - UCF has proven that no matter what on field success will not matter. That essentially renders USF and G5 football as an exhibition, of which the local community will not, and have not, supported.

That will be the death of USF football in an already over-saturated sports market.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My concern is even if CJS recruits and develops players there is still no path to the CFP.

I'm sorry for doing this to you:

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No our talent is abysmal it’s going to take at least three years to be decent.

Noboby wants to listen because new coach is an immediate change. 3 years of recruiting is not an easy fix. The culture of this country is immediate gratification. There is no question to anyone unbiased who is watching the games that we do not have AAC level talent anymore. It's that simple. Even the simplest, risk-averse, minimize damage scheme is not going to help us.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, pascobull said:

If i had to bet with my own money...I say death also. Scott will have to recruit like CWT to survive. I'm still stunned Willy was able to get M Mack and D Johnson in the same 2014 class. That saved us from being dead already. We need another M Mack savior and he did save us as much as Q Flowers.

CWT is an amazing salesman, I will give him that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Noboby wants to listen because new coach is an immediate change. 3 years of recruiting is not an easy fix. The culture of this country is immediate gratification. There is no question to anyone unbiased who is watching the games that we do not have AAC level talent anymore. It's that simple. Even the simplest, risk-averse, minimize damage scheme is not going to help us.

Absolutely George...there is no such thing as suffering long term in the era of self gratification. Hell, I just go back to my time as a USF student and see a dead campus with no trees and sand spurs. I will always be happy to have football but that obviously won’t be the same for everyone. But that does not mean even older individuals don’t want success but I am willing to wait for it...assuming we have the right captain running the ship. 

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My concern is even if CJS recruits and develops players there is still no path to the CFP - UCF has proven that no matter what on field success will not matter. That essentially renders USF and G5 football as an exhibition, of which the local community will not, and have not, supported.

That will be the death of USF football in an already over-saturated sports market.

This one is tough to argue against, especially because I've made the same point, Tampa has a perennially competitive hockey team, an ignored baseball team that from time to time over achieves and an NFL franchise that looks better and even in the bad years of which there are many they are NFL so they draw. Tampa also has a world class performing arts center that draws the best shows soonest, beaches and theme parks local and a short drive to Orlando for the big them parks. You really do have to be major league to attract the fans here.

5 minutes ago, pascobull said:

I'm sorry for doing this to you:

It's all good lol

Remember when we were 2 minutes way from making the Sweet 16 in 2012? Its the ability to dream that makes being a fan so great. G5 football is the the only NCAA sport with no path to a national championship, and we are an irrelevant citizen in an irrelevant land.

G5 football is an exhibition - nothing else.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

My concern is even if CJS recruits and develops players there is still no path to the CFP.

I will say this. If we start winning 10 games a year and move to FCS over CFP frustration then I'll be fine with that. We just can't go FCS because we're failing. I don't want to see the team I love die at the soccer field like the end of a Benjamin Buttons movie.

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This one is tough to argue against, especially because I've made the same point, Tampa has a perennially competitive hockey team, an ignored baseball team that from time to time over achieves and an NFL franchise that looks better and even in the bad years of which there are many they are NFL so they draw. Tampa also has a world class performing arts center that draws the best shows soonest, beaches and theme parks local and a short drive to Orlando for the big them parks. You really do have to be major league to attract the fans here.

The drain is circling. The decision to make a move doesn't have to be made yet, but its coming. And I for one would rather see USF thrive in FCS on a smaller scale then have the entire community reject USF football at our current level and cause its death.

• Downvote 1