• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unlike Charlie, Scott takes ownership

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Joe said:

Seriously? Charlie Strong might have been a disaster, but yes, he took ownership. 

wisconsin...

Should I pull up the quotes where he blamed the uniforms? The team’s attitude? The offense? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

That's good.

After watching two games one vs a really bad team and one vs a really good team we are likely not as bad as some think and we weren't as good as some had thought after Citadel.

We gotta find a freaking QB hopefully it is Cade when he is back...if we can just get some sort of avg passing game I think vs the teams in our conference we can atleast go .500 or so this year which would be good for a rebuild year.

This 100% Without a qb who can accurately pass we won't win more than 2 or 3 games. Everyone knows McCloud and Johnson are not D1 quality quarterbacks. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Charlie always said he took responsibility for not having the team ready. The problem was he said this every game and the team never looked prepared nor showed improvement

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Charlie always said he took responsibility for not having the team ready. The problem was he said this every game and the team never looked prepared nor showed improvement

Yes as often as Skip saying we competed hard. It was redundant and meaningless.

• Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

The players and coaches definitely did not do their jobs. I wasn't expecting a win, but also didn't expect losing by 52 points. We looked like crap on pretty much every play. 

Hopefully CJS can actually get the players ready for our next game, whenever that happens. 

3 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Yes as often as Skip saying we competed hard. It was redundant and meaningless.

It's all coach speak and means nothing unless real changes are made. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

This reminds me of the first year after Willy Taggart took over for Skip Holtz. This game highlights the incredibly poor job that Charlie Strong did in the last three years. He left the cupboard bare.But after watching and listening to Jeff Scott I’m confident he’s going to turn it around quickly. They have a solid recruiting class a good coaching staff and I believe they will get significantly better as the year goes along especially if they can find an answer at quarterback. Because I really don’t believe Jordan McLeod is the answer.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Massbull said:

This reminds me of the first year after Willy Taggart took over for Skip Holtz. This game highlights the incredibly poor job that Charlie Strong did in the last three years. He left the cupboard bare.But after watching and listening to Jeff Scott I’m confident he’s going to turn it around quickly. They have a solid recruiting class a good coaching staff and I believe they will get significantly better as the year goes along especially if they can find an answer at quarterback. Because I really don’t believe Jordan McLeod is the answer.

CWT came in here with the entirely wrong strategy and CSH would not have lost that game to McNeese with the exact same players. Luckily CWT out recruited most of the teams we played and pivoted on his strategy but that we had that miserable first 2.5 years had as much to do with him as it did CSH. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

CWT came in here with the entirely wrong strategy and CSH would not have lost that game to McNeese with the exact same players. Luckily CWT out recruited most of the teams we played and pivoted on his strategy but that we had that miserable first 2.5 years had as much to do with him as it did CSH. 

Thats the one plus right here is that CJS isn't trying to run some time of pro offense/west coast offense that is destined to fail I think his offense will work right now but you sort of need somebody that can pass the ball with semi decent accuracy. 

Who knows maybe it will work vs teams not as deep as ND.  I felt we did a better job of getting McCloud/Johnson away from pressure and not letting him be a sitting duck getting sacked his usual 7 times it seemed per game.

For sure this is a work in progress that will be ugly possibly if we dont find a qb quick

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

This team, from CJS to the water boy was NOT prepared to play this game. 
NO EXCUSE for that.