• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Unlike Charlie, Scott takes ownership

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

All nice, but I would prefer to have a coach that does not have to take responsibility for embarrassing losses.

What do you want him to say when he does not have the talent?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Rutgers, Cincy, Uconn, and a bad Ville team say “hi”

Sun Bowl and Oregon say "Boy, Howdy!"
Leavitt teams were great at splashy ranked wins, I will admit that. But down the stretch to finish the conference/season they never did it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

34 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Sun Bowl and Oregon say "Boy, Howdy!"
Leavitt teams were great at splashy ranked wins, I will admit that. But down the stretch to finish the conference/season they never did it.

They simply ran out of depth. Once a few injuries kicked in at key positions (usually at game 6 or later) we just never had the same talent on the 2nd string.

I’m convinced that we were about to turn that corner (as I know many other louder commenters on here are as well) right around the time xCJL and USF parted ways. 

Just now, NovaBull said:

They simply ran out of depth. Once a few injuries kicked in at key positions (usually at game 6 or later) we just never had the same talent on the 2nd string.

I’m convinced that we were about to turn that corner (as I know many other louder commenters on here are as well) right around the time xCJL and USF parted ways. 

Not buying that all

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not buying that all

To each their own, NEB. From what I saw (just a humble member of the commentariat and 2005 grad), we were on a very consistent upward trajectory - start a program from scratch, win, move up a level, take a bit of time to start getting better players, start to win more, then move up another level, rinse and repeat. 

That all seemed to peak with xCSH in South Bend (with xCJLs recruits), then came the precipitous fall from grace (LRS passes away, we started to lose more with Skippy, ESPN tells Cuse and Pitt to bolt to the ACC, BEast dissolves, etc.) and the rest is history.

I ultimately think it’s a culmination of multiple factors above that have us in the position we’re in today - which is second class citizens in the CFB sweepstakes where we once had a seat at the big boy table and quite frankly now a stepping stone for up and coming coaches/talent.

Edited by NovaBull

2 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

To each their own, NEB. From what I saw (just a humble member of the commentariat and 2005 grad), we were on a very consistent upward trajectory - start a program from scratch, win, move up a level, take a bit of time to start getting better players, start to win more, then move up another level, rinse and repeat. 

That all seemed to peak with xCSH in South Bend (with xCJLs recruits), then came the precipitous fall from grace (LRS passes away, we started to lose more with Skippy, ESPN tells Cuse and Pitt to bolt to the ACC, BEast dissolves, etc.) and the rest is history.

I ultimately think it’s a culmination of multiple factors above that have us in the position we’re in today - which is second class citizens in the CFB sweepstakes where we once had a seat at the big boy table and quite frankly now a stepping stone for up and coming coaches/talent.

Until he could win the big conference game and not lose a game he was supposed to win I can’t see it. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Until he could win the big conference game and not lose a game he was supposed to win I can’t see it. 

Once we moved into the BEast, we were competing against legitimate top-tier teams that had a 50+ year head start. That takes some time to overcome as it was a much bigger jump than to CUSA. 

IMO, it felt like we were just a few classes away from finally having the depth needed to sustain success throughout the entire year when the bottom fell out.

Maybe it comes if we stick with xCJL or maybe it doesn’t - only in an alternate universe do they truly know what happens. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, SilverBull said:

All nice, but I would prefer to have a coach that does not have to take responsibility for embarrassing losses.

True...but we are in the AAC we will never be able to really challenge the top college playoff teams with the recruits we get. 

See Cincy that almost won the conference got blasted 42 to 0 vs Ohio State last year.  

We just need to worry about first being competitive in this conference and then winning it.

I think Scott is going to be a huge improvement over Strong just will have growing pains this year for sure If we cant find a QB.