• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Coastal Carolina have a better athletic program then USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, goingbackbull said:

Goes back to the original point of the post.  Our administration has put no resources into athletics.  As mentioned, the only facility that can hang with our peers in Muma and the dome.  In fact most of our facilities are lacking compared to many, supposedly lesser program, hence CCU and Old Dominion.   

Our administration sucks when it comes to supporting football. Plain and simple. They should paying half for the IPF. It’s deplorable that thing is being built only on private funds. With COVID and budget cuts this will of course not change.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

47 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I don't know that I buy into the everything is cyclical line of reasoning. Peaks can be very far apart if the program is mismanaged over an extended period of time. There is a reason who some teams always remain the doormats of college football.

And comparing professional sports is apples-to-oranges with college sports. What draft pick do the Bulls get by finishing with a 1-9 record this year?

Our sorry assess beat BYU last year....BYU sucked last year and they are currently 4-0 and ranked. YES, football is very CYCLICAL. BYU has sucked for a while now. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Just a point of clarification that missed interference call was against the Rams. As a Ram fan I remember it well 😀

Yea, I forgot the minnesota game was when buddy caught the pass in the air over our CB. Man these past few playoff appearance have been brutal! lol 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

because if all the carpetbaggers (maybe d'bag isn't the best word choice there) that came before and drove the program into the ground.

It's really just one man who I believe never wanted to be here...the others just didn't work out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

But the primary reason the program sucks is because if all the carpetbaggers (maybe d'bag isn't the best word choice there) that came before and drove the program into the ground.

That certainly seems pretty melodramatic and would love a more detailed explanation ...... like pasco said, I can think of only one that could possibly fall under the 'carpetbagger" umbrella (I assume we're thinking of the same guy), the rest just didn't work out.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, pascobull said:

It's really just one man who I believe never wanted to be here...the others just didn't work out.

Two worked out, two did not, and too early on CJS, Jury is out, but early indications have him ******** the bed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have no ******* idea how some can  already judge this coach with **** team talent and five games. You must be new to the whole concept of “sports.” 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

14 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Harlan for me was a carpetbagger as was Strong.

Strong was more of a back bencher IMO, agree with you on Harlan.

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have no ******* idea how some can  already judge this coach with **** team talent and five games. You must be new to the whole concept of “sports.” 

It is what we do, how long have you been on this board?  yes he has no talent and not going to make the Puc argument that the team was similar to last year, however it does hold merit and this team is worse.   In his efforts to bring in a QB as a stop gap, I give him an F,   Cade is non existent, Noah is a one trick pony it appears, too early on the freshman however Marsh may have a great arm but not mobile enough to play here, legacy is MIA.  The offense earns a C- overall and his clock management, play calling near the end of the game was an embarrassment.  He was a co-coordinator with no play calling experience and it shows.  I have really not seen anyone improve with the exception of Ford, because he at least had the sense to let him on the field.  We have legit excuses, covid, small d line, terrible o line etc...but if you look at the way we started, you are the eternal optimist or dumb as **** if you are satisfied with the first 5 games.  I still think he may be alright, but only blind hope makes me think that because I don’t have the stomach to think otherwise.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Our administration sucks when it comes to supporting football. Plain and simple. They should paying half for the IPF. It’s deplorable that thing is being built only on private funds. With COVID and budget cuts this will of course not change.  

Will you ever admit that part of it is firing the best coach we ever had? Do you agree that it set USF back to an unrecoverable state? Do you really think Leavitt would let it fall this far? 

I know we've had this conversations many times but I have to understand your take on these specific questions.