• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It seems like McCloud will get the keys

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

58 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It appears CJS has no clue who will lead this team and is waiting on live action to see what they show so he gave the nod to the returning player,  I am ok with this logic I guess.

My first reaction to this is he plans to use it like an NFL preseason game.  Why not?  Whether he is leaning one way or another, he was probably going to get all three in and starting means nothing when you plan to play all three against The Citadel.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

From Sept. 2, 2020

He is playing everything close to the vest, coach speak, we shall see who separates from the pack.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I suspect this decision has more to do with CJS's prior relationship with Ray Ray McCloud more than anything else. 

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, usf97 said:

I suspect this decision has more to do with CJS's prior relationship with Ray Ray McCloud more than anything else. 

THis is even more alarming. That he is playing favorites so he looks good to former players?  If that is his philosophy he is doomed.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44

6 minutes ago, usf97 said:

That's a pretty ridiculous notion. CJS wants to win, not make a former player from another school happy by playing his younger brother. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Not happy about this in one way but the coaches did say they wo g have a true starter until conference play

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  34

First, I trust this coaching staff to make the right decision. 

It seems to me that McCloud has the confidence of the locker room and is a respected young man. I was very impressed by Johnson's film; but McCloud must be adapting well to the new system. The long term upside of McCloud is that we could potentially see four years of McCloud at QB. Might was well give him some experience if they believe he has the tools. Let's get behind Jordan and support this team!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Hate to say I told you so but...

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016

Everyone seems to think that McCloud will be a disaster, but how many remember that he played injured last year? He even played one game with with his wrist wrapped in a bandage. He also played through a shoulder injury on his throwing arm because we had no other quarterbacks. In addition, the offensive line last year closely resembled a sieve A healthy McCloud with decent blocking might be a lot better than you give him credit for. Last year McCloud was playing under difficult conditions, this year could be very different. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,506
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Kevin Ellerbrock said:

First, I trust this coaching staff to make the right decision. 

It seems to me that McCloud has the confidence of the locker room and is a respected young man. I was very impressed by Johnson's film; but McCloud must be adapting well to the new system. The long term upside of McCloud is that we could potentially see four years of McCloud at QB. Might was well give him some experience if they believe he has the tools. Let's get behind Jordan and support this team!

McCloud and fortin both have 3 years left if you count this year. I think the coach gave him the nod as the returning starter and wants to see them all in game situations before making his commitment to a player. If he plays all 3 QBs it gives Fau and nd less film to study his guy before the guy called to big stage versus ND.

• Upvote 2