• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get Ready to Play Slick Willie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m not mad at him at all, I just think people romanticize his coaching and  who would do that for a former coach? I hope you’re and he doesn’t hurt us at FAU.

I hope we run them out of the stadium. That game might be dangerous. Lane left a decent squad for him, but hopefully his game management hasn’t gotten any better.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I hope we run them out of the stadium. That game might be dangerous. Lane left a decent squad for him, but hopefully his game management hasn’t gotten any better.  

From your lips to g-d’s ears, that would be a tough one to swallow 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

17 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Taggart will find success and happiness for himself. I don’t know if that is retiring as FAUs head coach at 65 or stomping USF next year, but I think he will achieve whatever “success” goal he sets for himself as he gains wisdom with age and experience. 

I wouldn’t consider 17 million from FSU a failure when their culture is rotten and you end up in Boca coaching FAU with a winning roster. 

I think FSU is in for a long streak of failure. Their corruption, haste and impatience demands a long sentence. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

When you kick it off I guess there is always a "chance".  But lets be realitic.  Isnt Texas our 1st game.  Doubt seriously that even JS can get us turned around that quickly.

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Taggart will find success and happiness for himself. I don’t know if that is retiring as FAUs head coach at 65 or stomping USF next year, but I think he will achieve whatever “success” goal he sets for himself as he gains wisdom with age and experience. 

I wouldn’t consider 17 million from FSU a failure when their culture is rotten and you end up in Boca coaching FAU with a winning roster. 

I think FSU is in for a long streak of failure. Their corruption, haste and impatience demands a long sentence. 

It’s not a popular opinion, but I think he failed forward again. FAU will offer a chance to perfect his craft the way his last two stops didn’t. He’s a young coach who still has some learning to do. We all know he’ll be back to the big time, but it’ll probably take some time.

4 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

I like Taggart. He sounds a little nervous in this video, but I think he is sincere in the present commitment. 

The thing about this existence is that circumstances exist until they don’t. I think Taggart is fully committed in all of his endeavors until he isn’t. 

What I mean is that he is committed through his daily effort. Not a loyalty in the sense that he will not decline another offer, but a present and daily commitment in the sense that he shows up each and every day and he commits 100% of himself to flawlessly executing his duties. 

11 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

It’s not a popular opinion, but I think he failed forward again. FAU will offer a chance to perfect his craft the way his last two stops didn’t. He’s a young coach who still has some learning to do. We all know he’ll be back to the big time, but it’ll probably take some time.

how did he fail forward “again?”

WKU, USF, and Oregon were not failures. And moving from FSU to FAU was not ‘forward.’

I wouldn’t even consider his time at FSU a failure. I think FSU failed, not him. (A coach who won a national championship was 6-6 the year before Taggart took over). 

Yes, you can fault Taggart for a perceived lack of loyalty, but I think Taggart strives for faultless execution of his daily present duties independent of his circumstances. 

Taggart will have a good day if he wants to. 

I think he understands the mechanism through which goals are achieved (and the associated cost). 

6 minutes ago, Gismo said:

how did he fail forward “again?”

WKU, USF, and Oregon were not failures. And moving from FSU to FAU was not ‘forward.’

I wouldn’t even consider his time at FSU a failure. I think FSU failed, not him. (A coach who won a national championship was 6-6 the year before Taggart took over). 

Yes, you can fault Taggart for a perceived lack of loyalty, but I think Taggart strives for faultless execution of his daily present duties independent of his circumstances. 

Taggart will have a good day if he wants to. 

I think he understands the mechanism through which goals are achieved (and the associated cost). 

Perceive it how you want to. He did fail forward. Many coaches once fired go back to being coordinators or position coaches. He got another chance, and the conference  level may be down but the height of the position is still at the top of the program.

I agree about FSU. They weren’t operating in good faith and he didn’t get a fair shake there.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m not mad at him at all, I just think people romanticize his coaching and  who would do that for a former coach? I hope you’re and he doesn’t hurt us at FAU.

pot calling kettle black??

lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1