• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get Ready to Play Slick Willie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

I still find it hard to believe that FAU and UCF have on-campus stadiums and we don't! FAU is also building a football training facility right next to their football stadium.

Agreed...our administration has been questionable in the past in supporting football. I hope the new prez can see the value in the program. Things that were given to us early (BCS membership, playing in an NFL stadium) have actually had just as much a negative impact as a positive (relative to where we are now).  

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed...our administration has been questionable in the past in supporting football. I hope the new prez can see the value in the program. Things that were given to us early (BCS membership, playing in an NFL stadium) have actually had just as much a negative impact as a positive (relative to where we are now).  

The early reviews seem to be pointing in that direction.  At least the Prez, the VPA, and the new Coach seemed to all be on the same page at the Press Conference......I know its just a Press Conference, so its suppose to be positive.  But the feeling I got was the new Prez is all in.  Lets hope!

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

The early reviews seem to be pointing in that direction.  At least the Prez, the VPA, and the new Coach seemed to all be on the same page at the Press Conference......I know its just a Press Conference, so its suppose to be positive.  But the feeling I got was the new Prez is all in.  Lets hope!

I agree. I thought his speech was more telling than the one given by CJS. I have my fingers crossed. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty sure when we built the Selmon Center that it was state of the art.  I'm still impressed with the weight room.  I'm sure many places are better and now have football only facilities.  But that building isn't all that old and to say that they weren't supporting football in the past a bit off base IMO.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, CoralSpringsBull said:

I still find it hard to believe that FAU and UCF have on-campus stadiums and we don't! FAU is also building a football training facility right next to their football stadium.

Even worse, FIU actually has an OCS. They can't have that much money flowing in from athletics (13k average home football attendance. That stadium must be an absolute dump.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

50 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Even worse, FIU actually has an OCS. They can't have that much money flowing in from athletics (13k average home football attendance. That stadium must be an absolute dump.

Think you have to give the price of the stadiums when built. I believe USF could of already had a OCS similar to theirs. However, I believe if USF decides to build an OCS it will be more like Houston’s so more funds will be needed imo 

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure when we built the Selmon Center that it was state of the art.  I'm still impressed with the weight room.  I'm sure many places are better and now have football only facilities.  But that building isn't all that old and to say that they weren't supporting football in the past a bit off base IMO.

Relative to “most” other conference members we are behind. That weight room is shared with every other sport which I can tell you is not done by many AAC programs. The building is way over crowded. Further it has no snap to it. The room where the trophies are is quiet sad and small. The conference trophies are spread all over the place with most by MK’s office. Yes, we are probably fine relative to the some other G5 programs but they will most likely pass us soon unless something is done...in my opinion...

Guest Jonesy Bull

Thata a good point Ricky.  The Selmon Center and weight room is not exactly Division 2 level facilities.  The IPF though will certainly be a whole new level for us when completed.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

In the last decade or so college football has become a facilities arms race. If you aren't trying to build/improve your facilities constantly you are rapidly falling behind. We rested on our laurels when we had BE money when we should have been investing in the program and it's why we are behind now and will continue to fall further behind until this facility gets done 

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

In the last decade or so college football has become a facilities arms race. If you aren't trying to build/improve your facilities constantly you are rapidly falling behind. We rested on our laurels when we had BE money when we should have been investing in the program and it's why we are behind now and will continue to fall further behind until this facility gets done 

This