• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get Ready to Play Slick Willie

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This thread  turned into a hardcore off campus stadium discussion lol 

Still on topic. It is all CWTs fault that we don't have an IPF.  😆

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The baseball stadium opened in 2011.  Assuming the soccer stadium was close to that.  People love to *****. I tried to find our budgets for Athletics but haven't been able to.  If someone finds them for those years I don't think we'll see that we were much in the black if at all.  

I agree the work done on the Olympic sport venues was outstanding and that is where the focus was put on. I get that. My point is that FB needs to be in constant motion for additions and improvement for the infrastructure (I am not *****). I realize that is easier said than done but it is a strategy that must be put in place...even after the IPF is finished. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree the work done on the Olympic sport venues was outstanding and that is where the focus was put on. I get that. My point is that FB needs to be in constant motion for additions and improvement for the infrastructure (I am not *****). I realize that is easier said than done but it is a strategy that must be put in place...even after the IPF is finished. 

Hoops isn't one of the Olympic Sports your talking about.  Put $35 million into that.  And didn't the practice facility cost $25 million or was included in the $35.  I don't believe it was but not sure.

Edited by CousinRicky

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hoops isn't one of the Olympic Sports your talking about.  Put $35 million into that.  And didn't the practice facility cost $25 million or was included in the $35.  I don't believe it was but not sure.

Yes, and as you noted it generates revenue so it was probably am easier sale. Football will almost always be more expensive relative to the size needs of the facilities...and that is why it needs to be constantly on the radar for fundraising and future strategic plans (assuming they exist).

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

40 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just found this  http://www.usforacle.com/2011/06/09/sun-dome-renovations-funding-approved/

Sun Dome got a $35 million renovation reopening in 2012.  We've improved our facilities.  But we wasted all that money while in the BE.

Here is an interesting tidbit in that article:

"BOT chairman John Ramil said during a workshop that meeting the costs of the renovations would not exceed $35.6 million. The USF Foundation will initially provide $10 million, and the Athletics department will provide additional funds, but Hoad said the Sun Dome’s future revenue will eventually pay back the costs of construction."

Not sure a football facility can do that.  They may steal some events from Ray Jay but I'm thinking not many.

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

31 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So the two new turf fields and the one natural field was part of the sundown renovation? 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So the two new turf fields and the one natural field was part of the sundown renovation? 

I don’t know... CousinRicky did you find anything on that? 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

At the time, the other sports venues were in despearate need of upgrading, espcially Baseball and Softball.  Those previous facilities were embarassing, and now they are very nice.  So, I certainly understand why the focus was on those sports at the time.  It probably has hurt the development for Football, but what are you going to do - so many needs!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t know... CousinRicky did you find anything on that? 

I thought that was part of the baseball, soccer upgrades but it may have come after.  

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

The $33.5 million project included new baseball, softball and soccer stadiums, football and basketball practice facilities, upgrades to the tennis facility and the construction of recreation fields.

I found this on the athletics site. I didn't realize they were all done as part of the same project. Looking back on a tour I took of the athletics district in 2011, this makes sense. Everything was either brand new or wrapping up construction. The Sun Dome renovation was a separate project that started just as this one finished.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/2011/1/8/219883.aspx

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

As long as it's "Get Ready to Play Slick Willie" and not "Get Ready to Pay Slick Willie", I'm fine with it.

• Haha 1