• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull
23 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

He would be the best QB i the room by far..... Way better than we can hope for. 

This would certainly make the 1st year transition to HC for JS alot more smooth......I'm getting my hopes are that this happens.  I"m not sure what the odds are.  Maybe it gets addressed today?  Probably not - doubt any specifics on players will be discussed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/10/2019 at 8:28 AM, Orlando Bull said:

Just remember that Scott coached McCloud's brother at Clemson. There is already a connection there and I wouldn't be shocked if Jordan enters the season as the starter.

I saw some good things out of McCloud. Was he perfect? Absolutely not!... but... for a kid in his, what, 3rd year at the position, he did some good things. He has the tools (I don't think his arm is as weak as some of you, I guess it is when he's playing with a separated shoulder, but, hopefully that's not the norm).. He had a little bit of Q clutch-ness in him during the close games at the end.

I certainly think we could do better, but, I KNOW we could do a whole lot worse. Prop up the line and tailor the offense to him and JM can win some games. We'll lose some too, but, that is our world.

I am 1000% opposed to Franks. His demeanor and arrogance are a turn off for me in addition to bad decisions. He's a WAY less likable Blake Barnett.

Just remember that Scott coached McCloud's brother at Clemson. There is already a connection there and I wouldn't be shocked if Jordan enters the season as the starter.

I saw some good things out of McCloud. Was he perfect? Absolutely not!... but... for a kid in his, what, 3rd year at the position, he did some good things. He has the tools (I don't think his arm is as weak as some of you, I guess it is when he's playing with a separated shoulder, but, hopefully that's not the norm).. He had a little bit of Q clutch-ness in him during the close games at the end.

I certainly think we could do better, but, I KNOW we could do a whole lot worse. Prop up the line and tailor the offense to him and JM can win some games. We'll lose some too, but, that is our world.

I am 1000% opposed to Franks. His demeanor and arrogance are a turn off for me in addition to bad decisions. He's a WAY less likable Blake Barnett.

AGREE!!!!!   Do not want this kid in our locker room, he is all attitude.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

his arm strength was an evident issue from the jump. check the highlight from his first start against a D1 team (about the 1:10 mark), feet set, throw a dud about 40 yards. that's not gonna cut it. So idk when he separated his shoulder but for that to be the reason it had to happened early. But that's the throw that made me realize that this kid might not have it. 

there nothing clutch about our last four games. we blew a 10 point lead in the fourth because our offense got shut out and only scored 7 total points against Temple. not even worth talking about Memphis and C. 

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This would certainly make the 1st year transition to HC for JS alot more smooth......I'm getting my hopes are that this happens.  I"m not sure what the odds are.  Maybe it gets addressed today?  Probably not - doubt any specifics on players will be discussed.

I have some pretty credible sources that say there is mutual interest to make it happen. Still got some hoops to jump but its certainly in the cards. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Our 2020 starter will be one of Chase Brice or Tate Rodemaker 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Our 2020 starter will be one of Chase Brice or Tate Rodemaker 

I like Tate, but he's gonna have to hit the gym too if he is gonna be the starter day one. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

37 minutes ago, T-Man said:

AGREE!!!!!   Do not want this kid in our locker room, he is all attitude.

Would hate to have a kid with confidence playing QB at USF.  I know nothing about the kid but unless he's a total dickweed I'd be glad to see another body in the QB room.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Would hate to have a kid with confidence playing QB at USF.  I know nothing about the kid but unless he's a total dickweed I'd be glad to see another body in the QB room.

Bottom line is the fans at UF boo'd him and when he had a good game, he shushed them so now anyone with an affinity to gainesville thinks he's a cancer.  

Most good athletes have ego's, i'm sure some of ours are just as arrogant, they just aren't good enough for it to matter. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Mccloud will transfer after spring once he realizes he is not the starting QB. You heard it here first!

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm not saying he needs to find a QB NOW, but Scott needs a QB. And an Oline. ASAP