• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/10/2019 at 5:28 AM, Orlando Bull said:

Just remember that Scott coached McCloud's brother at Clemson. There is already a connection there and I wouldn't be shocked if Jordan enters the season as the starter.

I saw some good things out of McCloud. Was he perfect? Absolutely not!... but... for a kid in his, what, 3rd year at the position, he did some good things. He has the tools (I don't think his arm is as weak as some of you, I guess it is when he's playing with a separated shoulder, but, hopefully that's not the norm).. He had a little bit of Q clutch-ness in him during the close games at the end.

I certainly think we could do better, but, I KNOW we could do a whole lot worse. Prop up the line and tailor the offense to him and JM can win some games. We'll lose some too, but, that is our world.

I am 1000% opposed to Franks. His demeanor and arrogance are a turn off for me in addition to bad decisions. He's a WAY less likable Blake Barnett.

mccloud didnt seem comfortable alot of the time for my taste. he didnt seem confident

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,254
  • Days Won:  25

We need to find a new QB if we can sign Tate R. that will be huge, but probably one of the freshmen we red-shirted. We need our QB to get some experience asap because next year we need to look good vs the Gators and go for the miracle upset.

• Topic Count:  2,328
  • Content Count:  21,279
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, ncentonze said:

We lost a Tate.

Rather lose Tate then have another year of CCS.   We now have an upside we have not had in a while.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

There could be a transfer or two coming in. 

I would still like to see what Evans could do with more options than just running the Wildcat Offense. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

Yeah but that won't stop someone else from trying...

image.png.236f9bc903117c55b2f75daa684065a9.png

Haha. My friend/co worker made this. Glad to see it resurfacing as a semi creepy meme. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, smazza said:

hh was a talent but he loved his crack

Yes he did. Dude also became a millionaire by winning a national lottery and got his life together. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Losing Rodemaker is bad, but Jordan Smith seems like the prototypical USF QB.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, smazza said:

mccloud didnt seem comfortable alot of the time for my taste. he didnt seem confident

I completely agree... looked like a kid that hasn't been playing the position very long. The fact that he accomplished what he did with so little experience is what gave me some hope. Not sure if he can make a huge leap or not, but, I am not in the camp of completely writing the kid off just yet.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, smazza said:

Much slower than I thought too...but maybe he will look different with new coaches (and hopefully) a better system. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Definitely disappointed that we are going to miss on Tate, but I agree that Jordan Smith looks like a prototypical USF QB. Between him and Evans, we should have a decent group of dual threat guys should we (hopefully) go that route. I still think there's an above average chance that Chase Brice transfers in as well. Not a terrible QB room given the situation.