• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This.

so you liked Mike White and Blake Barnett better than Q?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, Polkcountybull said:

And you think QF could only throw okay?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802

1 minute ago, Polkcountybull said:

I think he is saying  like Jordan Mccloud or Jaquez Evans.  Good runners, terrible passers.  I would put Q in Avg passing with super running ability. What sets Q apart from most QBs was his decision making and absolute gamer under pressure.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  159

Just now, JTrue said:

And you think QF could only throw okay?

He struggled with accuracy on short passes.  Would kind of short-arm them.  I wouldn't call him a great passer but a very smart QB who could make the critical play when needed.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

In your rant... do you see the pieces coming together? You are basically saying that we need to pull in a full team of P5 recruits while in a G5 conference, going up against basically every P5 program east of the Mississippi that tries to recruit Florida heavily. We can occasionally have one or 2 pieces of that puzzle in place (for instance, Mack and MVS), but, it's not the norm, nor sustainable for us.

I completely agree with you, we can certainly make a pro-style work if we get the pieces in place, but, it's going to be hard to consistently have that talent level at all positions.

Eventually though, good coaching can mask some deficiencies on the OL, even in a "pro-style" system. Hopefully we have the right coach and he gets the right staff to maximize his talent. I have always thought great coaches adapt to their talent. You see it with John Harbaugh in Baltimore right now. He has embraced Jackson and changed their style and is being rewarded with wins and a ton of fun. The great quote about Don Shula is my favorite...

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and you'rn and beat his'n." - Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips on Don Shula's coaching talent

Basically, if CJS can come in here and recruit the best players we can recruit and coach them up to be the best players they can be, he'll have a ton of success. If he sets his sights on only players that fit his system, we'll likely miss on the rare talents like Q who can lift the team on their shoulders and carry us to wins.

the orlando school has demonstrated you can win  consistently throwing the ball

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Q could at the very least take the top off the defense. It allowed him to find space and be successful .

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think he is saying  like Jordan Mccloud or Jaquez Evans.  Good runners, terrible passers.  I would put Q in Avg passing with super running ability. What sets Q apart from most QBs was his decision making and absolute gamer under pressure.

And QF had a way better than okay arm. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just as important...we better have a decent core of RBs or we have zero chance...even with a top flight QB. Not even sure Ford makes it out of spring camp. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

In your rant... do you see the pieces coming together? You are basically saying that we need to pull in a full team of P5 recruits while in a G5 conference, going up against basically every P5 program east of the Mississippi that tries to recruit Florida heavily. We can occasionally have one or 2 pieces of that puzzle in place (for instance, Mack and MVS), but, it's not the norm, nor sustainable for us.

I completely agree with you, we can certainly make a pro-style work if we get the pieces in place, but, it's going to be hard to consistently have that talent level at all positions.

Eventually though, good coaching can mask some deficiencies on the OL, even in a "pro-style" system. Hopefully we have the right coach and he gets the right staff to maximize his talent. I have always thought great coaches adapt to their talent. You see it with John Harbaugh in Baltimore right now. He has embraced Jackson and changed their style and is being rewarded with wins and a ton of fun. The great quote about Don Shula is my favorite...

"He can take his'n and beat your'n and you'rn and beat his'n." - Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips on Don Shula's coaching talent

Basically, if CJS can come in here and recruit the best players we can recruit and coach them up to be the best players they can be, he'll have a ton of success. If he sets his sights on only players that fit his system, we'll likely miss on the rare talents like Q who can lift the team on their shoulders and carry us to wins.

I think we can be successful but it depends on what we can bring in for sure. Having a good offensive line is key for anything we do. Without it, we will look terrible. Even an average to above average QB can lead us to a championship behind a good OL and good defense. Both our lines were pathetic last year. 

We must improve in the trenches or we will continue to be plagued with losses and poor performances. I believe CJS can coach up these guys and whoever he brings in. A great leader like Flowers masked the issues up front, the defense doesn't have that benefit, nor does our offense right now because there isn't a major playmaker anywhere. I would've loved to have seen what CJS could've done with Wilcox. He was so criminally underutilized last year. A TE like him can open up the entire offense to plays. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, deters- said:

I think we can be successful but it depends on what we can bring in for sure. Having a good offensive line is key for anything we do. Without it, we will look terrible. Even an average to above average QB can lead us to a championship behind a good OL and good defense. Both our lines were pathetic last year. 

We must improve in the trenches or we will continue to be plagued with losses and poor performances. I believe CJS can coach up these guys and whoever he brings in. A great leader like Flowers masked the issues up front, the defense doesn't have that benefit, nor does our offense right now because there isn't a major playmaker anywhere. I would've loved to have seen what CJS could've done with Wilcox. He was so criminally underutilized last year. A TE like him can open up the entire offense to plays. 

EVERYBODY! Please read, and read, and read again until you understand this.

GO BULLS!