• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,514
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I went to a UF camp when I was in HS. It didn’t get me a starting job anywhere.

The story i read stated that he impressed. My point was that he has a connection to CJS so he will get an honest look from CJS.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Looks like he's going for pro style.  Not sure that's going to work but UNC qb incoming

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

10 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Looks like he's going for pro style.  Not sure that's going to work but UNC qb incoming

A modified Pro style can work if you get the ball out fast. 3 step drops...then get the ball has to be out of your hands. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

A modified Pro style can work if you get the ball out fast. 3 step drops...then get the ball has to be out of your hands. 

Can’t do that all the time though. Still worried what we are to do when the DBs press. Again, hoping for a WR upgrade and OL upgrade. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not sure why so many people here hate the pro style QB. Just because they're listed that doesn't mean they aren't athletic. It doesn't mean 7 step drops and I formation dives. Today's pro style is nearly all shotgun passing, split backs, two TE and play action off a 3-5 step drop. You people have an aversion to it because we've never had a quality passing QB teamed up with a coach who was imaginative in play-calling. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, deters- said:

I'm not sure why so many people here hate the pro style QB. Just because they're listed that doesn't mean they aren't athletic. It doesn't mean 7 step drops and I formation dives. Today's pro style is nearly all shotgun passing, split backs, two TE and play action off a 3-5 step drop. You people have an aversion to it because we've never had a quality passing QB teamed up with a coach who was imaginative in play-calling. 

Nice job Deters! 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, deters- said:

I feel that’s a pretty good reason. No one hates Pro Style it works amazingly at many places, they hate prostyle here because it has yet to work despite being tried repeatedly.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I feel that’s a pretty good reason. No one hates Pro Style it works amazingly at many places, they hate prostyle here because it has yet to work despite being tried repeatedly.

It fails here because we've consistently recruited athletes that can play QB, not quality QBs with proper fundamentals, good vision and a capable arm. Mix that with terrible offensive coordinators, a junk OL and receivers that drop more passes than catches and no wonder it fails. It's a lack of talent, not the style of play. Just having an offensive line that could block worth a **** would instantly improve the offense no matter what system we run. That is the most important place to recruit imo, followed by QB. 

Edited by deters-

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um....2 of the 3 QBs in this battle are players from CCS's regime lol The 3rd QB got beat by a true freahman last year at UNC.

The "3rd QB" was a freshman also. He started 2 games ... who know the situation. When they made the change, he transferred out.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

5 hours ago, deters- said:

not me

i have been watching football a long time

every system can work

jeff scott is a winner,football smart  and hard worker.the fact that his former head coach,fellow coaches and players think so much of tells me we have a future great head coach