• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would Leavitt be the best coach in AAC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

No....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Looking around at the AAC? Yup. Especially after the Memphis coach leaves. The Navy coach is solid also. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

Think he would be the most loyal coach in the AAC. Look around at programs such as UCF, Memphis, SMU, Temple, Houston, and you see those programs getting used as a stepping stone to the P5. CJL would more than likely stay at USF if he wins as this is the program he started. MK needs to factor that imo 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

He would have the best coaching record?

Best w-l record is a pretty straightforward thing to compare.  Overall "record" of accomplishment I think Leavitt stacks up favorably.

Without checking i would think Heupel has beat W-l record, as well as a championship.

Edsall has 2 Big East championships.  Would be curious what his head to head with Leavitt is.   His overall win loss has been slipping fast. 

Holgorsen has a big east.championship but similar to Edsall appears to be on a downward slide

Niumatalolo has a nearly identical record as Leavitt. 

Rod Carey has a similar win percentage as Leavitt, and a couple of MAC championships. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,382
  • Days Won:  25

He would have the most wins and most wins against ranked opponents. He is also undefeated against ce f.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Think he would be the most loyal coach in the AAC. Look around at programs such as UCF, Memphis, SMU, Temple, Houston, and you see those programs getting used as a stepping stone to the P5. CJL would more than likely stay at USF if he wins as this is the program he started. MK needs to factor that imo 

I don’t get this whole locality thing, I could give a rats ass if a coach is loyal, I want a coach that wins.  Give me a Frost or Norvell that wins and moves on rather than a perennial 7-5 — 8-4 coach that hasn’t won jack but boy they sure are loyal.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

30 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t get this whole locality thing, I could give a rats ass if a coach is loyal, I want a coach that wins.  Give me a Frost or Norvell that wins and moves on rather than a perennial 7-5 — 8-4 coach that hasn’t won jack but boy they sure are loyal.

I agree whole heartedly.  I couldn't care less about loyalty. I respect CWT for what he did. He kept his word, he got us up, dusted us off, put a fresh coat of paint on, and drove us to the car show. Then sold us for a seemingly nicer vehicle. That he in turn sold for his dream car. That dream car didn't age well and broke down right in front of the dealership that housed us. (I started the analogy and couldn't stop) 

I would LOVE to have a great program that's known for launching coaching careers... until we move to another conference. That means we have sustained success, we're on the national stage, and our football program is well known and desirable. 

We'll still attract the same types of recruits either way. I want to out recruit and out muscle everyone else in the conference. I want to be the media darling. I want to be associated with the program that the media is buzzing about because we're just that da*n good.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,729
  • Days Won:  0

I love seeing all this passion for the program. No coaching choice will be foolproof. In my experience, loyalty and success don't have to be mutually exclusive.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, slowdown said:

Best w-l record is a pretty straightforward thing to compare.  Overall "record" of accomplishment I think Leavitt stacks up favorably.

Without checking i would think Heupel has beat W-l record, as well as a championship.

Edsall has 2 Big East championships.  Would be curious what his head to head with Leavitt is.   His overall win loss has been slipping fast. 

Holgorsen has a big east.championship but similar to Edsall appears to be on a downward slide

Niumatalolo has a nearly identical record as Leavitt. 

Rod Carey has a similar win percentage as Leavitt, and a couple of MAC championships. 

Accomplishments is a pretty straightforward thing to compare, too.

Conference championships and/or division titles EVER: all the coaches > xCJL

Wins since the iPad was invented: all the coaches > xCJL

But I'm going to cross my fingers that when Leavitt and Holgorsen go into some kid's living room on a recruiting trip, the kid thinks, "Holgorsen has been on a downward slide lately and Leavitt won the International Bowl back when I was in 2nd grade. Go Bulls!"

• Me no likey 1