• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Would Leavitt be the best coach in AAC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

57 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t get this whole locality thing, I could give a rats ass if a coach is loyal, I want a coach that wins.  Give me a Frost or Norvell that wins and moves on rather than a perennial 7-5 — 8-4 coach that hasn’t won jack but boy they sure are loyal.

I don’t know man. Leavitt’s loyalty was one of the main reasons that USF got into the Big East. One of the main reasons USF beat FSU. One of the main reasons USF was able to get 66k fans in RJS. Give me that anyway than a coach like CWT who left us high & dry with CCS

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

21 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I don’t know man. Leavitt’s loyalty was one of the main reasons that USF got into the Big East. One of the main reasons USF beat FSU. One of the main reasons USF was able to get 66k fans in RJS. Give me that anyway than a coach like CWT who left us high & dry with CCS

To be fair... CWT didn't cause CCS. Harlan was the one who caused the CCS disaster.

Just now, chrisdashley said:

To be fair... CWT didn't cause CCS. Harlan was the one who caused the CCS disaster.

True but wish CWT showed more loyalty and coached his team during the bowl game. Made everyone rush and boom CCS happens lol. At least then UCF coach stayed to coach their bowl game before bolting to Nebraska. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I love seeing all this passion for the program. No coaching choice will be foolproof. In my experience, loyalty and success don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Exactly!  Whose to say that CJL is a better coach now with all the experience he has gotten since he left.  He might do better than the 8-5s of yester year.  And if he is loyal even better.  We wont have to keep turning over coaches every 3 to 4 years.

I think its going to take a couple years to be good regardless.  We are in rebuild mode.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I don’t get this whole locality thing, I could give a rats ass if a coach is loyal, I want a coach that wins.  Give me a Frost or Norvell that wins and moves on rather than a perennial 7-5 — 8-4 coach that hasn’t won jack but boy they sure are loyal.

I could not agree more.  Who cares about loyalty if you are going 7-5 every season?  I want conference titles.  If that means we have to employ short term coaches who win conference titles and then move on every 2 to 4 seasons, so be it.  The number one priority for this program should be winning trophies, not about getting a coach who won't hurt our feelings and leave us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

I agree whole heartedly.  I couldn't care less about loyalty. I respect CWT for what he did. He kept his word, he got us up, dusted us off, put a fresh coat of paint on, and drove us to the car show. Then sold us for a seemingly nicer vehicle. That he in turn sold for his dream car. That dream car didn't age well and broke down right in front of the dealership that housed us. (I started the analogy and couldn't stop) 

I would LOVE to have a great program that's known for launching coaching careers... until we move to another conference. That means we have sustained success, we're on the national stage, and our football program is well known and desirable. 

We'll still attract the same types of recruits either way. I want to out recruit and out muscle everyone else in the conference. I want to be the media darling. I want to be associated with the program that the media is buzzing about because we're just that da*n good.

Absolutely.  Winning conference titles should be the only thing that matters.

And to answer the question of the thread, Leavitt would NOT be the best coach in the AAC.  He is a man with no trophies as a head coach.  Case closed.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

And to answer the question of the thread, Leavitt would NOT be the best coach in the AAC.  He is a man with no trophies as a head coach.  Case closed.

He has bowl win trophies. Something that CWT does not have.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

18 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

He has bowl win trophies. Something that CWT does not have.

:facepalm:

Leavitt coming back to USF could be like Steve Jobs coming back to Apple after he was fired. 

• Upvote 1