• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Show some respect on BJM name! :) USF 2019 defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

just because you didn't like him doesn't mean he wasn't effective while here. he played for a terrible team

Had better stats than JPP who everyone loved.

was first team all conference. led us in sacks and tackles for loss.

I believe he even scored the winning(only) TD against UConn one year.

It wasn’t just me who did not like him, ask any of his teammates. Anyone who celebrates sacks while their team is getting their ass kicked in is a prima donna. He will NEVER be considered a USF Bull because he does not consider himself on either. Dude had a cup of coffee here and you want to rank him as a top LB? LMAO....

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It wasn’t just me who did not like him, ask any of his teammates. Anyone who celebrates sacks while their team is getting their ass kicked in is a prima donna. He will NEVER be considered a USF Bull because he does not consider himself on either. Dude had a cup of coffee here and you want to rank him as a top LB? LMAO....

Macon is having a cup of coffee also. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Lynch was here longer than Macon will be. didn't say I wanted to rank him anywhere.didn't even say I liked him.

Just pointing out that there were better transfers, numbers wise, than Macon.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Macon is having a cup of coffee also. 

Yet not celebrating while getting a sack during a blowout. Also looks like teammate actually like him. 

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Lynch was here longer than Macon will be. didn't say I wanted to rank him anywhere.didn't even say I liked him.

Just pointing out that there were better transfers, numbers wise, than Macon.

Fair enough. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/30/2019 at 12:13 AM, LewSFBulls said:

Nick Roberts clearly has wronged you in the past. Didn't hold a door open for you? Turned down an autograph maybe? Rejected your love proposal?

He continues to start for a much improved good defense and is a weapon on special teams. Ronnie Lott is not available in the portal, sorry.

I think Corey just picked a random player from the roster to troll the board with. I doubt he actually pays any particular attention to Roberts when he watches the games.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I get why people don't like him but he was 1st team all conference and led our team in sacks and TFLs. Scored the only TD that year in a win against UConn. 1 of 3 wins. Sometimes people let their emotions cloud their judgement. Clearly the case here.

Macon has 8 TFLs and 2 sacks this year with 58 total tackles and people want to claim he is the best defensive transfer ever. he doesn't even rank in the top 5 in our conference in any of these categories. I appreciate what the guy is doing but I wouldn't classify it as an all-time great season

I said lineback transfer and Aaron Lynch was a DE last time i checked.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I said lineback transfer and Aaron Lynch was a DE last time i checked.

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Macon is probably the greatest steal this team has ever gotten in terms of transfer talent on Defense. Doesn't mean Sawtelle was a bad player. Being a LB is a cerebral position as well, and he had that part to make up for his physical shortcomings. 

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I really meant to say linebacker but of well. My point was that he is simply a better player than Sawtelle. It doesnt mean Sawtelle is a bad player.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

My point was that he is simply a better player than Sawtelle.

Based on what? I think Macon's a better physical specimen and probably has a better shot at the next level but what's he done to separate himself from Sawtelle at this level?

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Based on what? I think Macon's a better physical specimen and probably has a better shot at the next level but what's he done to separate himself from Sawtelle at this level?

Just that. Sawtelle may have a cerebral edge,but im the end its a physical game and He is just a more valuable player in my eyes. I dont think Sawtelle is a bad player i just feel Macon is better.