• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Show some respect on BJM name! :) USF 2019 defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And I perfectly acknolwledged that it takes defense and offence to win a game. 

Wisconsin - We scored 0pts!!!! The only way the defense could have kept us from NOT lost that game was if they shut out Wisconsin and we ended the game in a tie.

GT - They beat us by scoring 14pts.....all we needed to do was score freaking 15 pts and we would have won. 

Navy , SMU, scored a **** load of points, but we had plenty of stops and turnovers to beat them and the offense couldn't do anything. 

But in our 4 wins of   55 - 48 - 27 - 45 that YOU mentioned, we held our opponents to UNDER 25 pts!!!!  So we could have won those games even if we scored UNDER 30pts

Was he a "transfer" 

our only loss where our offense could have won us the game was GTech

holding a team to 25 points is nothing special. our defense has been atrocious on 3rd downs. rank somewhere near 100 in country.

they are improved but we still have the toughest 3rd of our conference schedule left.

what happens when Macon is gone next year?

Yes Mitchell "transferred" from Georgia.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, from the university of Georgia 

Ok, then Macon shall be the 2nd best and the jury is still out on Macon. I feel he is a super athlete and should get drafted after this year. 

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ok, then Macon shall be the 2nd best and the jury is still out on Macon. I feel he is a super athlete and should get drafted after this year. 

Tyrone McKenzie 3rd round transfer Michigan State

Aaron Lynch 5th round Notre Dame

Now include transfers from JUCOs and Macon doesn't make top 5.

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

our only loss where our offense could have won us the game was GTech

holding a team to 25 points is nothing special. our defense has been atrocious on 3rd downs. rank somewhere near 100 in country.

they are improved but we still have the toughest 3rd of our conference schedule left.

what happens when Macon is gone next year?

Yes Mitchell "transferred" from Georgia.

SCST - 16pts

GT 14pts

ECU 20pts

Conneticut 22pts

BYU 23 pts

4 of those teams above us scored many more points against teams we played or BETTER teams. But if you want to stay a negative nancy then go ahead. I recall stating in the original post that our 3rd down defense and our rush defense needs major  improvement.....but to still be a decent defense ranked #58th, and in the top 10 in 4 categories with such bad short comings is a positive thing to look at. Just imagine how mad ass we will be when we fix those issues?

Just now, Bull94 said:

Tyrone McKenzie 3rd round transfer Michigan State

Aaron Lynch 5th round Notre Dame

Now include transfers from JUCOs and Macon doesn't make top 5.

1st, Im referring to production at USF, (aaron Lynch aint do chit here) not where they went in the NFL draft.  2nd,  the season is not over yet, nor has Macon been drafted yet, so the verdict is STILL OUT. But from what I've seen so far, I see big things from him. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

SCST - 16pts

GT 14pts

ECU 20pts

Conneticut 22pts

BYU 23 pts

4 of those teams above us scored many more points against teams we played or BETTER teams. But if you want to stay a negative nancy then go ahead. I recall stating in the original post that our 3rd down defense and our rush defense needs major  improvement.....but to still be a decent defense ranked #58th, and in the top 10 in 4 categories with such bad short comings is a positive thing to look at. Just imagine how mad ass we will be when we fix those issues?

this is far from a good defense. just because they play well against crappy offenses doesn't make them good.

those teams you listed are the

scoring offenses in the country. doesn't include sc state.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The "impact player" that replaced Nico is averaging .25 more tackles a game. Nico had 7.5 TFL's and 2 sacks in 6 games. Macon has 8 TFL's and 2 sacks in 8 games. Nico had 6 wins in 6 games, Macon 4 wins in 8 games

That's because there hasn't been a noticeable drop off in the mlb play like there was last year after Sawtelle went out .... that we can identify, . What on the field role does the mlb have in setting up the defense? Maybe that would explain the inconsistency in how the defense plays at times, don't know ....... bottom line is that there's nothing you can point to to defend stupid observations like this:

I hope you are not serious about the comparison. Do you not remember all the plays that Nico took himself out of the play, either by being out of position or the inability to shed blocks? We got gashed up the middle due to his inability to hold down the middle. However, I do credit you in believing your own garbage about Sawtelle's greatness. The comparison is not even close...like not by a mile!

22 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

this is far from a good defense. just because they play well against crappy offenses doesn't make them good.

those teams you listed are the

scoring offenses in the country. doesn't include sc state.

In the end,  we are stopping bad teams from scoring which we didn't do last year. In 2018 EVERYBODY scored on us. We ended the season ranked 95th in TOTAL defense. This year we are currently at 58. That is a 37 spot IMPROVEMENT. And that's with 2 BLOWOUTS from (2) ranked teams on our record. Once again since you can't comprehend well, I NEVER said this defense was lights out. I am simply acknowledging their great IMPROVEMENT. Some of you fight so hard to be NEGATIVE ok this page that it makes me wonder how do you handle chit in the real world. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end,  we are stopping bad teams from scoring which we didn't do last year. In 2018 EVERYBODY scored on us. We ended the season ranked 95th in TOTAL defense. This year we are currently at 58. That is a 37 spot IMPROVEMENT. And that's with 2 BLOWOUTS from (2) ranked teams on our record. Once again since you can't comprehend well, b/c I NEVER said this defense was lights out. I am acknowledging their IMPROVEMENT. Some of you fight so hard to prove a NEGATIVE point it makes me wonder how do you handle chit in the real world. 

and yet we still have the hardest part of our conference schedule left.....

I knew the sunshine pumpers would be out in full force when we beat teams that don't have a pulse. Let's see how this defense fares against the #4 offense and the #13 offense in the country . Temple offense isn't anything special. #91 . Cincy middle of the road.

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and yet we still have the hardest part of our conference schedule left.....

I knew the sunshine pumpers would be out in full force when we beat teams that don't have a pulse. Let's see how this defense fares against the #4 offense and the #13 offense in the country . Temple offense isn't anything special. #91 . Cincy middle of the road.

Well at minimum we are stopping BAD teams from scoring. Hopefully we can hold off these teams enought so that our offense can step up. I know a "doomsdayer", "the world sucks" individuals like urself would love for us to lose so u can be right.  Im just going to be happy for whatever positives come out of this season. Life is too short to be on some negative nancy chit. You can get the last word.