• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Corey lea said:

McCloud does not have the "it" factor. Everyone gets butt hurt when someone talks about talent or lack thereof. 

It's always the coaches fault. This team is lazy in general, but showed some flashes. Opening kickoff, instead of tackling the guy at the 5, Hampton goes for a hapless strip. 

I hope the Rygol and Evan's get more snaps. We have to find a qb with more consistency.

Neither do you....

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Neither do you....

That's not true, he eats "it"

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

56 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

I could be run out of town( oh hell I'm already out of town) for this but....I think watching Rygol that he could be a better choice over BB. Wonder with playing time how good he could be??  I'm not discounting JMc or Evans they are impressive too and different styles. It was interesting to watch the 3 last night. 

Yeah I like the dude..not saying he should start over McCloud just yet...but this offense is just missing a qb that can hit the open receivers..doing that will make our run game that much better.

Now McCloud was bad vs BYU and Navy ..he looked better vs ECU.  So maybe he continues to improve...but if he has another bad game like BYU and Navy we for sure have an option in Rygol.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Corey lea said:

McCloud is still not the future. I'm not sure what the staff was thinking by moving Evan's to receiver. However, the dude has some serious wheels and looks 10x better at qb than McCloud. 

In the second half he should have gotten more touches to see what he could do. I go back to this over and over again, Personnel decisions costs this team as much as anything.

No offense, but this is one of the worst takes I have ever heard.  McCloud led the team to 35 points and over 350 yards before getting injured.  McCloud would have probably had 300 yards of total offense, if he had played 2nd half.  His passing was on target.  Mainly because he was healthier.  Dude had a separated shoulder and bum wrist and you want to judge him vs. his injured performance vs. Navy.  A really good Navy by the way.  Evans has completed a grand total of one pass for 2 yards and you think he's the answer.  Do you know more than the coaches.  Because they have seen all the QB's in every practice and Evans was moved to WR.  What does that tell you.  Yes, he has wheels, but can he complete a meaningful pass?  You and I have no idea.  If anything, I could see people arguing for Rygol.  He has actually looked sharp throwing the ball.  You can't wildcat your way to wins, and right now Evans is the wildcat guy.  He's a good change of pace that we all would like to see more of, but in no way is he "10x better at qb than McCloud", by completing 1 pass.  McCloud has thrown for 10 TD's by the way.

One of the worst takes I have ever seen posted on this board. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Wondering if Evans would contribute more moved to running back than receiver.  

We lose maybe three running backs in Cronkite, Sands and maybe Ford.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I say when healthy leave Evans on the field as much as possible. Line in up in the backfield with McCloud or Rygol and get the ball in his hands, 

Like Jim Jensen with Marino and the Dolphins.

https://youtu.be/AlAitMiMuOg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

I really think turning this into a McCloud vs. Evans vs. Rygol debate is kind of silly.  

First, the relative health of these players may play a big part in any decision on playing time.

Second, they are all relatively inexperienced and who, in the words of classic SNL, are Not Ready for Primetime Players.

Third, if McCloud is healthy, I don't see any way that the coaching staff completely replaces him with one of the others at this juncture.

Finally, while I am not usually in favor of a QB platoon system, given what has transpired this season, our track record for keeping the QB upright and alive and, if we want to have a better chance to win the remainder of our games while building experience for the future, I think they should be used similar to the way they were in yesterday's game.  We should not be afraid for the rest of THIS YEAR to alternate using situational QBs.

I am not in love with any of these guys but I kind of like all of them as a possible three-headed monster (perfect for Halloween).

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Get Evans some touches but this is McCloud's team 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

No offense, but this is one of the worst takes I have ever heard.  McCloud led the team to 35 points and over 350 yards before getting injured.  McCloud would have probably had 300 yards of total offense, if he had played 2nd half.  His passing was on target.  Mainly because he was healthier.  Dude had a separated shoulder and bum wrist and you want to judge him vs. his injured performance vs. Navy.  A really good Navy by the way.  Evans has completed a grand total of one pass for 2 yards and you think he's the answer.  Do you know more than the coaches.  Because they have seen all the QB's in every practice and Evans was moved to WR.  What does that tell you.  Yes, he has wheels, but can he complete a meaningful pass?  You and I have no idea.  If anything, I could see people arguing for Rygol.  He has actually looked sharp throwing the ball.  You can't wildcat your way to wins, and right now Evans is the wildcat guy.  He's a good change of pace that we all would like to see more of, but in no way is he "10x better at qb than McCloud", by completing 1 pass.  McCloud has thrown for 10 TD's by the way.

One of the worst takes I have ever seen posted on this board. 

Well reread the post. I said McCloud is not the future and I said I would like to see more of the other 2. Strong needs to win now and might not make it if he is going to ride McCloud's back.

This team does not have a dominant D that can hold teams to low scores every game. Erratic play from the qb will hurt more than help. The Navy game is a great example. If he was that hurt he should not have been in the game. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Neither do you....

Yeah...I was an awful college athlete. I got better as a pro.