• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We are inept offensively 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I do find it hilarious that Puc has a valid argument that Gilbert's offense would potentially be better this year. 

Who would have known that running the RB into the back of the O-line 33% of the time for no gain would have actually been a net-positive versus what has happened thus far. :facepalm: 

Funny in a sad way. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It is my opinion if during the game you had a kid get injured to the point that you thought it was hampering your offense (is it possible to be less than zero?) that you would easily be able to change the player out without CCS noticing or caring and that if something came up and he asked he would probably respond with “oh” and that if all of those unfathomable things happened the odds that this would be the first thing regarding UsF football that he would actually care about it pretty close to zero and if by some miracle all of that happened what exactly is he going to do about it?

I would agree with that many positions on the offense but with the QB I am not so sure. One thing I just thought of which gives your position more possibility is that CCS is a players coach from a personal aspect. Thus, it makes it less likely he would put a kid in harms way. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, usf97 said:

I think the problem with JahQuez Evans is he doesn't match KB's offense nor was he recruited by KB. 

He was being recruited by Gilbert and Co.

He committed to USF in July 2018.

Then after Gilbert went to McNeese State, Evans decommitted from USF one week later. Only to go ahead and sign with USF a week after that. Basically he got caught up in a bad situation. 

He was put in during the SCSU game in a "Wildcat" type play but that was it. He looks like an ideal QB for a spread offense like we used to run. Designed roll outs with read/run options. A lot of his highlights were improvised due to lack of protection by the OL. 

I think it takes a lack of EGO for a lot of these OC's to just let these QB's succeed off of athleticism. Fans want a successful offense. OC's seem to care whether that success was a result of the play design. 

Did CKB recruit any of these players?

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

Bigger question did JM tell anyone he was hurt? They didn't make changes until the 4th and the trainers didn't even look at him until then. So did the coaches know he was hurt?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Buller64 said:

Bigger question did JM tell anyone he was hurt? They didn't make changes until the 4th and the trainers didn't even look at him until then. So did the coaches know he was hurt?

That we will never know...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,406
  • Days Won:  43

Thought they said he was hurt before the game? Shoulder hurting and throwing wrist right? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Thought they said he was hurt before the game? Shoulder hurting and throwing wrist right? 

And before that his ankle....we need Michael Myers for a qb with this line. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,406
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

And before that his ankle....we need Michael Myers for a qb with this line. 

Yes lol michael myers halloween GIF

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

52 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Did CKB recruit any of these players?

Kirk Rygol was.Probably the only one that I can think of at present. LaTrell Williams is a WR but it isn't clear to me that he is a KB guy. 

Rygol being a KB guy would explain him being ahead of Evans even though he is only a walk on. 

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Board/59416/Contents/Bulls-land-QB-Kirk-Rygol-as-a-PWO-132155551/

Edited by usf97