• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does Kerwin Bell hate offense?

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:12 AM, puc86 said:

Based on what exactly do you not think KB is bad? He came here with one goal and that was to throw TDs early and often. Thus far he has the 112th passing game out of 130 teams and the only reason it isn’t 130th is because we played two FCS level teams. This offense is entirely on KB and it’s disgusting. If KB had produced in any regard people would be flocking to give him credit and yet people every week do mental gymnastics to distance him from his results.

Because of the QB situation, starter out from injury and backup is a freshman and also hurt.  Also lack of play makers on offense, and below average offensive line.

You can't make chicken soup without the chicken!

Guest Jonesy Bull
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

When exactly did KB get talent to run his offense? Did it happen and I just missed it. Not even the late Bill Walsh could turn around this offense with the talent that is on it. I mean we essentially have no QB and WR. 

Exactly.  Puc just likes to be antagonistic for the joy of being annoying.  If he would look at the facts, he would know that we don't have playmakers on offense right now to make his offense run. 

Look, I don't know if he is a great OC, but I think he could be a pretty good one with the right players.  Our recruiting and player development has obviously not been very good, and that falls on the HC, not the OC that just happened into this situation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,261
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Because of the QB situation, starter out from injury and backup is a freshman and also hurt.  Also lack of play makers on offense, and below average offensive line.

You can't make chicken soup without the chicken!

Except when you are the one that injured all of the chickens you better have some fall back recipes in your wheel house outside of throw your hands up, produce zero offense and say well it’s not my fault this isn’t the ideal situation and the only way for me to have an offense outside of the bottom ten is to have a perfect situation.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Except when you are the one that injured all of the chickens you better have some fall back recipes in your wheel house outside of throw your hands up, produce zero offense and say well it’s not my fault this isn’t the ideal situation and the only way for me to have an offense outside of the bottom ten is to have a perfect situation.

How do you know KB was the one to play McCloud after he was injured? Fall back recipes? You can’t make the blind see all of a sudden and you want to incorporate something new? 

8 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Exactly.  Puc just likes to be antagonistic for the joy of being annoying.  If he would look at the facts, he would know that we don't have playmakers on offense right now to make his offense run. 

Look, I don't know if he is a great OC, but I think he could be a pretty good one with the right players.  Our recruiting and player development has obviously not been very good, and that falls on the HC, not the OC that just happened into this situation.

He is the one that said he was going to come in and not only play fast but score fast but instead has the scoring fervor of a 40 year old virgin. He helped injury all of his QBs by making them stand in the pocket and wait for plays that would never have the time to develop as defenses continues to plant them into the ground like they are tackling dummies. When everything says run he passes and when a qb looks to be done he puts them out. Pretty much everything he is charged with is beyond inept to a criminal level and for no explicable reason people defend his offensiveness. He came in to a team that had some expectations, he claimed that with what he had he could make things better but anything he has touched has turned to **** and been made worse by his presence.

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How do you know KB was the one to play McCloud after he was injured? Fall back recipes? You can’t make the blind see all of a sudden and you want to incorporate something new? 

How do you know he isn’t? Let’s pretend he doesn’t have the full control of the offense he and CCS claims that he does, his job would still be to convince the decision maker of what to do with his department and staff. CCS maybe not the best but I don’t think he is evil, he isn’t going to say nope you have to keep the guy who is stinking up the place and can’t move his arm for no defensible reason other than I told you that you have to.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How do you know he isn’t? Let’s pretend he doesn’t have the full control of the offense he and CCS claims that he does, his job would still be to convince the decision maker of what to do with his department and staff. CCS maybe not the best but I don’t think he is evil, he isn’t going to say nope you have to keep the guy who is stinking up the place and can’t move his arm for no defensible reason other than I told you that you have to.

I don’t but your the one making the definitive statement...please stay away from “let’s pretend” when trying to support that has been delivered in a definitive manner...

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I don’t but your the one making the definitive statement...please stay away from “let’s pretend” when trying to support that has been delivered in a definitive manner...

KB says he is fully in charge of the offense and CCS says KB is fully in control of the offense, also I am not sure CCS knows who is the current starting QB or would have any care or opinion is of who it should be since he can barely even pretend to have a passing interest in the subject when questioned about it. I am sure this is the one subject of USF football that CCS is fully invested in and the main decision maker on despite there being no reason for it, no evidence to it and him fully stating he thinks anything regarding coaching has nothing to do with him and should be left to his coordinators. 

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

KB says he is fully in charge of the offense and CCS says KB is fully in control of the offense, also I am not sure CCS knows who is the current starting QB or would have any care or opinion is of who it should be since he can barely even pretend to have a passing interest in the subject when questioned about it. I am sure this is the one subject of USF football that CCS is fully invested in and the main decision maker on despite there being no reason for it, no evidence to it and him fully stating he thinks anything regarding coaching has nothing to do with him and should be left to his coordinators. 

It would be my opinion that CCS makes personnel decisions...especially with injuries. Perhaps the team doctor is also culpable 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It would be my opinion that CCS makes personnel decisions...especially with injuries. Perhaps the team doctor is also culpable 

It is my opinion if during the game you had a kid get injured to the point that you thought it was hampering your offense (is it possible to be less than zero?) that you would easily be able to change the player out without CCS noticing or caring and that if something came up and he asked he would probably respond with “oh” and that if all of those unfathomable things happened the odds that this would be the first thing regarding UsF football that he would actually care about it pretty close to zero and if by some miracle all of that happened what exactly is he going to do about it?