• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Barnett's Next Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

In the right place, Blake is a productive QB. USF is not the right place. If we ever run a QB out there that isn’t a dual threat, fire the coach immediately.

This we should not be hiring 3 yards and a cloud of dust coaches.  We do not have the size nor the talent nor will we ever. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I'm not sure even with a better o line he's a world beater or NFL caliber.  Obviously he's an athletic strider with a great arm but has a long wind up, locks onto the first read because he believes he can complete it even if it's the wrong read, and has the arm talent to put the ball in the right place (forcing it).  But honestly he's gonna keep passed by b/c the hidden deficiencies he has.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

locks onto the first read because he believes he can complete it even if it's the wrong read

This is a thing.  Not sure an awesome O line can fix all the issues.  Also the scrambling throws are frightening.  There was one big first down conversion on the run, but mostly it is scary to watch.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

hope it feels good ...

Real gooooddddd...

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Brad said:

His point is correct.  No need to be rude towards players or coaches.  You can respectfully address your thoughts without picking on a collegiate player.

I agree with this 100%. I do my best to not be overly critical of college kids. To say a kid sucks or is terrible is unnecessary.

I understand that some of the posters are kids themselves, so perhaps that’s different.

But anyone over the age of 25-30 should refrain from saying a kid “sucks” or something similar.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818

Transfer? Isn't he 30 years old? He's like tebow trying to have a baseball career.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I agree with this 100%. I do my best to not be overly critical of college kids. To say a kid sucks or is terrible is unnecessary.

I understand that some of the posters are kids themselves, so perhaps that’s different.

But anyone over the age of 25-30 should refrain from saying a kid “sucks” or something similar.

Ok then he draws something from or is consumed by an internal pressure which causes an external contraction...😂

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

BB is just not a good fit with USF

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yes. And I’m not putting all this on Blake. To an extent, he’s a victim of who we are - and who we are is a team with a sub par offensive line. In a way, I do feel bad for both Barnett and Cronkrite. Neither of them has much chance behind that offensive line.

Agree on BB, but not so much on Cronkrite. If I've learned anything about football the last decade it's that almost any RB can be serviceable with a solid offensive line, being a good RB means doing something when you don't have the blocking in front of you.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201

This offense doesnt work with BB at QB...its so obvious.

Thanks for the 7-0 start last season but since then he has only gotten worse.