• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart and losing culture.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Many of us who don't think he's a great game day x and os coach have said that. He'd be a late career Bobby Bowden, representing the face of the program, selling, recruiting and letting the coordinators run the team.

I've heard it said that Bobby was listening to Country music on those headphones during the game, that 

he was definitely a figurehead. Not much doubt there.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

gulf coast offense - aka, the spread? I think there may be a few variations of this out there somewhere.

How many USF coaches have manned up, said "I'm wrong" and completely changed philosophies, even to the extent of seeking outside help?

Not CCS!!

55 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

This.  Sure he left on a 10-2 and put the team on what seemed to be a good track, but bowl win, no hardware in the trophy case.

That's the big knock, but no coach at USF has won the games that matter.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's the anti-Jims that are bringing him into a discussion about Taggart.  I suppose that is to imply @puc86 can't have an opinion on this because he is in love with The Jim.

If not for people bringing it up and making absurd assertions regarding our programs history I don’t know that it would actually be discussed on here that often. People like to poke the bear and then complain about the reaction they know they were looking to find.

24 minutes ago, Brad said:

It's the anti-Jims that are bringing him into a discussion about Taggart.  I suppose that is to imply @puc86 can't have an opinion on this because he is in love with The Jim.

Can the Jims and the anti-Jims collide to create enough energy for a warp drive?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Not that he can't have an opinion, just that his daddy love of The Jim colors all his thinking about everything else to the point of irrationality and unreasonability.

Or maybe it’s unreasonable to and irrational to have any other opinion when you compare resumes to any other coach we had.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I've heard it said that Bobby was listening to Country music on those headphones during the game, that 

he was definitely a figurehead. Not much doubt there.

I don’t know if this is true or not, but I’m going to believe that it is. I love St. Bobby and this is a great nugget if true.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Or maybe it’s unreasonable to and irrational to have any other opinion when you compare resumes to any other coach we had.

Your opinion diminishes or denies actual accomplishments by an individual so you're going beyond comparison and into fantasyland.

7 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Your opinion diminishes or denies actual accomplishments by an individual so you're going beyond comparison and into fantasyland.

I claim he had a good season I am sorry for failing to extrapolate that to something else under the belief that it would have been sustained in spite of all evidence to the contrary. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, puc86 said:

I claim he had a good season I am sorry for failing to extrapolate that to something else under the belief that it would have been sustained in spite of all evidence to the contrary. 

what evidence? please don't say his overall record. he is on his 3rd rebuild and every place he has been his record was better in his last year than it was in his first year. That is an upward trend.

• Like 1