• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Returns?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

*in my best British accent from the movie Snatch*

I ******* hate war flamingo

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

spacer.png

#neverforget

The only good war flamingo.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Saw the flamingo group...I think they made up 30% of the crowd, there looked to be 10 of them.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

Good to see this tradition grow. The War Flamingo fits well with South Florida so keep it growing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

So dumb. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/15/2019 at 8:30 AM, Bull Daly said:

Good to see this tradition grow. The War Flamingo fits well with South Florida so keep it growing. 

This is a weird thing. Every team has lots of weird traditions that fit into their own culture but they are usually interesting...if we don't stop this one soon, it will become part of our culture as well. Same thing with these hideous helmets. They are now part of our culture and people seem to like them (so weird). Our team fell apart when we switched to Adidas from UA. Adidas objectively sucks. Their uniform designs for every team they have are terrible. Their polo's and other gameday fan gear look like rejects from the Bealls Outlet. However, by the time the contract is up, cheap uniforms and gear will be part of our culture. CCS likes mediocrity...by the time he is gone, mediocrity will be part of our culture. Rising up against the 'stronger' teams used to be part of our culture...you could always count on us for at least one upset each year. Now that culture is gone and underperforming against expectations is our new culture. We squandered a good culture and let a bad culture take over. UCF was below us, not even worth having a conversation about as our rivals. Now they are the belle of the ball. Cool uniforms and gameday experience too. They developed weird things that are somewhat cool (to some people I suppose even though I find all of their traditions 'War Flamingo-esque'). The point is, bad things need to be crushed quickly and absolutely. If Robert Barathean ensures Danarys Targaryan is killed when discovered, she never rises to power. A bit of a rambling rant here but we need to stop doing this dumb **** and stop making these terrible decisions. The War Flamingo is a microcosm of the small time ******** that we need to grow out of. 

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

18 minutes ago, mj796 said:

This is a weird thing. Every team has lots of weird traditions that fit into their own culture but they are usually interesting...if we don't stop this one soon, it will become part of our culture as well. Same thing with these hideous helmets. They are now part of our culture and people seem to like them (so weird). Our team fell apart when we switched to Adidas from UA. Adidas objectively sucks. Their uniform designs for every team they have are terrible. Their polo's and other gameday fan gear look like rejects from the Bealls Outlet. However, by the time the contract is up, cheap uniforms and gear will be part of our culture. CCS likes mediocrity...by the time he is gone, mediocrity will be part of our culture. Rising up against the 'stronger' teams used to be part of our culture...you could always count on us for at least one upset each year. Now that culture is gone and underperforming against expectations is our new culture. We squandered a good culture and let a bad culture take over. UCF was below us, not even worth having a conversation about as our rivals. Now they are the belle of the ball. Cool uniforms and gameday experience too. They developed weird things that are somewhat cool (to some people I suppose even though I find all of their traditions 'War Flamingo-esque'). The point is, bad things need to be crushed quickly and absolutely. If Robert Barathean ensures Danarys Targaryan is killed when discovered, she never rises to power. A bit of a rambling rant here but we need to stop doing this dumb **** and stop making these terrible decisions. The War Flamingo is a microcosm of the small time ******** that we need to grow out of. 

It's been 12 years since we played Auburn and this whole thing started. At this point, I think it's part of the culture (a very small part of it). The only way to stop it would be to get the flamingos banned from the stadium. Until something like that happens, the flamingo hats and inflatables will continue to be hot pink dots in the stands.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

At this point, I think it's part of the culture (a very small part of it). 

Definitely a subculture, or cult following at best.  I would certainly need to drink Jim Jones' Koolaid in order to wear one ... ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

It is not part of the culture. 

It is a persistent occult interest of a very small number of (admittedly dedicated) members of our fanbase. 

The rest of us just shake our heads and wish better ideas for traditions would spring up and annoying ones like these would die. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

It is not part of the culture. 

It is a persistent occult interest of a very small number of (admittedly dedicated) members of our fanbase. 

The rest of us just shake our heads and wish better ideas for traditions would spring up and annoying ones like these would die. 

This is the reason why I will never talk down about it because at least people are doing it. Better than nothing I guess. Think the Green & Gold guys stopped which is unfortunate. At least the Beef Squad is still alive and that is another good thing. I personally think USF should start adopting the Tampa Bay chant as that is a tradition for all ours sports in TB