• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Returns?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, MikeG said:

what is number one worst excuse in your opinion?

just curious, not arguing

Skip's humidity excuse, but come to think of it, Charlie's black uni excuse probably is the worst

Edited by USFBulls727

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:
2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I would have immediately dropped my donations ....

Same...this cheer is totally tainted for me now...

yep -- as much as it a traditional cheer, most people associate it with the Gators. I recall giving this guy so much **** when he would try to start the cheer and I was not alone. I guess he wanted to be USF's Mr. 2Bits. Wonder if he still wears that 2 Bits jersey? I haven't seen it since 2006.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

yep -- as much as it a traditional cheer, most people associate it with the Gators. I recall giving this guy so much **** when he would try to start the cheer and I was not alone. I guess he wanted to be USF's Mr. 2Bits. Wonder if he still wears that 2 Bits jersey? I haven't seen it since 2006.

Grew up in NJ and knew this cheer well before I knew there was a Univ of Florida.  So people from FL may associate it with the Gators.  Other parts of the country - not so much.  Actually thought it was a high school thing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

54 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Grew up in NJ and knew this cheer well before I knew there was a Univ of Florida.  So people from FL may associate it with the Gators.  Other parts of the country - not so much.  Actually thought it was a high school thing.

I hadn't heard the cheer before going to a Gator game in 1985. I grew up in the midwest and never heard it before. At the time-- I assumed it was just a Gator thing. Later on I found it it was well known (traditional). So yeah-- I was referring to most people who know the Gators version and background on that. That was my point that this makes it sort of worse as if we tried to copy it at USF.

It is interesting that you knew of it so long ago-- maybe it was more of an east coast regional thing. According to Wikipedia, Mr. Two Bits (aka George E. Edmondson Jr. ) led a traditional "Two Bits' cheer" at football games from 1949 until his "retirement" at the conclusion of the Gators' 2008 season.

Not inferring anything from that and it doesn't mention that the cheer might be older. I had no idea it has been around that long to be honest. Searching to find earlier occurrences/origination has been difficult.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I question if the Gators actually made it up....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I question if the Gators actually made it up....

I would side with Cuz Rick, he was not much younger than 2 bits and remembers when 2 bits could buy you a meal back in the 50’s.  😂.  Who cares if they came up with this stupid song, like arguing over who invented the urinal patty.  Song sucked and tradition was shat, who gives 2 shats who came up with this crap.

Edited by Friscobull

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I would side with Cuz Rick, he was not much younger than 2 bits and remembers when 2 bits could buy you a meal back in the 50’s.  😂.  Who cares if they came up with this stupid song, like arguing over who invented the urinal patty.  Song sucked and tradition was shat, who gives 2 violation who came up with this crap.

The Green & Gold Gasparilla Beads are probably one of USF’s best traditions.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Bull Daly said:

The Green & Gold Gasparilla Beads are probably one of USF’s best traditions.

That’s very true...did not think about that one. Maybe we can throw them at the opposition 😀

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s very true...did not think about that one. Maybe we can throw them at the opposition 😀

I would agree and had some on at the Tech game however I always seem to throw them at our own or opposing fans in frustration.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Who would get the start in that case - Barnett, McCloud or Evans?