• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

War Flamingo Returns?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, I love how some people continue to **** on the potential of new traditions...this is unfortunate due to the fact we have literally none to a few. Who the hell made you the ruler of what should be a tradition or not? In essence no “one” person decides it is left up to the students. If they like the frigging pink flamingos then guess what, they will make it a tradition. If the like the mechanical bull then it will be a tradition. The only traditions I am aware of are the hand sign (copied from Texas) the fourth quarter swaying by the students (which Texas AM does before a game), and the singing of the alma mater after a win (when there is about 25 people left). So let’s add new ones...if no one else does them then that is even better...

even in this thread, I doubt there are as many opponents to these types of things. Some people call them dumb or don't like them. That is their opinion. But people outright wanting to stamp the tradition away? I only see a handful that entrenched or concerned by it. Like everything USF-- people are always trying to catch up to other schools that have traditions dating back 50+ years. We are so new to the college football world let alone the college scene itself and traditions take time. The only one I can recall never wanting to be a part of was the Mr. 2bits cheer as that-- to me-- is definitely a UF thing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, MikeG said:

On a new tangent-- if we trained a whole bunch of BULLdogs to stampede out onto the field-- that would be both hilarious and at least they have the word bull in their name. Someone recently used that concept in a tv commercial-- so not original but a fun idea that would probably get people to want to get to their seats early to watch the craziness of 20 bulldogs running towards midfield.

Sorry-- I am a little loopy today.

I realize they don't have "Bull" in the name, but those Corgi races were pretty entertaining.  Wish they could do that every few home games.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

even in this thread, I doubt there are as many opponents to these types of things. Some people call them dumb or don't like them. That is their opinion. But people outright wanting to stamp the tradition away? I only see a handful that entrenched or concerned by it. Like everything USF-- people are always trying to catch up to other schools that have traditions dating back 50+ years. We are so new to the college football world let alone the college scene itself and traditions take time. The only one I can recall never wanting to be a part of was the Mr. 2bits cheer as that-- to me-- is definitely a UF thing.

Interesting about the 2bits cheer. I did not even know that was a gator invention until a few years ago. I heard it in the early 1970s as a kid at high school games. I just thought it was a universal cheer. 

2 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I realize they don't have "Bull" in the name, but those Corgi races were pretty entertaining.  Wish they could do that every few home games.  

Put some fake horns on those little suckers and we will be good to go...

Question: how is it that Colorado has a friggin Buffalo run on the field, Memphis has a caged Tiger, Texas has Bevo the Stear, and OU has a six horses running out in the field....yet we can’t even have a docile Bull eating it’s cud in the parking lot?  And don’t give me that **** about insurance...there would be little to pay...

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting about the 2bits cheer. I did not even know that was a gator invention until a few years ago. I heard it in the early 1970s as a kid at high school games. I just thought it was a universal cheer. 

You are correct - it is a universal type of cheer-- but I've never seen any other team embrace it as much as UF. They make a big deal about it and the funny thing is the guy who got them doing it (well the couple as the wife had a hand as well) were not even students or graduates of UF.

I sort of had a bug up my arse about it - I doubt anyone would get upset if we adopted it but the general consensus was "get that Gator cheer outta here". I think it would be awesome if our crowd did the TAMPA  -- BAY cheer but I don't know if we still really even embrace the GREEN GOLD one. It has been a while since I've been in Tampa to go to a game.

With any luck-- the fans will start having more stuff to cheer about at our games either way.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Question: how is it that Colorado has a friggin Buffalo run on the field, Memphis has a caged Tiger, Texas has Bevo the Stear, and OU has a six horses running out in the field....yet we can’t even have a docile Bull eating it’s cud in the parking lot?  And don’t give me that **** about insurance...there would be little to pay...

It's probably something to do with the Tampa Sports Authority and it being at Raymond James liability instead of at an OCS.

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I recall that they tried training a couple of Brahman bulls for this but that sort of never panned out. It might have something to do with not owning our own stadium-- though they hold equine events and rodeos on the same grounds which sort of tells me it is a money and logistics issue. I am all for this happening some day though- especially if they use a Brahman bull-- which I think are awesome/unique looking bovine.

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I sort of had a bug up my arse about it - I doubt anyone would get upset if we adopted it but the general consensus was "get that Gator cheer outta here".

I would have immediately dropped my donations ....

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I would have immediately dropped my donations ....

Same...this cheer is totally tainted for me now...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I'm liking where you're going with this.  Someone contact marketing.

• Haha 1